Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Onslaught 2 - EU friendly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First, congratulations on funding so quickly, and still going strong (Scythe, beware!). And, of course, I am a backer - what else could I do? All in, except the base game!
YEAH!

However, I was under the impression that the shipping later-on would be EU-friendly? And I am distinctly missing the appropriate "stamp" on the project...

Well, I know of course that shipping is still in development, and hard to tell previously, with all the kinks. And I don't mean EU-friendly, as in "two cups of coffee and a Powerbar", but as in "sent within the EU, so as to forego having to pay customs or VAT fees on top"...

Because if not, you (Germans) can take your pledge, add shipping, and multiply by 1.2 !
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosu Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
It would be interesting to have a way that Europeans could pledge on the $150 (core game) or $700 (all in) levels, and have the core game part be shipped with the rest of materials from the distribution centers (which I understand means from inside EU). Even if that means waiting a few months, it's probably preferable to having to pay shipment from the States plus customs, which depending on the country can mean an extra 30% or more (VAT+flat cost+other % taxes)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
First, congratulations on funding so quickly, and still going strong (Scythe, beware!). And, of course, I am a backer - what else could I do? All in, except the base game!
YEAH!

However, I was under the impression that the shipping later-on would be EU-friendly? And I am distinctly missing the appropriate "stamp" on the project...

Well, I know of course that shipping is still in development, and hard to tell previously, with all the kinks. And I don't mean EU-friendly, as in "two cups of coffee and a Powerbar", but as in "sent within the EU, so as to forego having to pay customs or VAT fees on top"...

Because if not, you (Germans) can take your pledge, add shipping, and multiply by 1.2 !


There is no real "EU friendly" legal shipping to the EU that avoids VAT anymore with Kickstarters. This was in a decision in Brussels earlier this year. We are looking at all possible angles, but our assumption is that other creators roll the VAT into EU shipping pricing and their backers are simply not aware of it. We do not want our backers to ever pay for anything at their door, or in order to pick their package up, so we are going to have to include it in our shipping prices too, most likely.

We are looking at all options, and we will do anything honest and legal that saves money.

And yes, we ship everything into Germany first, and THEN from Germany via courier to your home. So, it IS shipping from within the EU, but Brussels is wise to this and it is still an import.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosu Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
Arthur, I also think other creators do that. In the end, it's easier to pay now X amount in shipping cost and have the package delivered at home because VAT and other taxes were taken care of, than receive a paper asking how much it is, having to pay money to customs, then waiting again for them to acknowledge they received it, ship... it can take forever. So I'd say it's a great decision if you include it in shipping cost. Also, with you producing them, I don't know if you can declare cost value instead of retail value so customs paid by you would be lower than by us.


You mention you ship everything into Germany first. Is this also true for core games? In the shipping part of the campaign it says: "If you do not live in N. America, we highly recommend not pledging for the first printing of the core game on this Kickstarter. We will have to ship you a very heavy box from the US and it will not be cheap." so that confused me a bit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Brown
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shandil wrote:

You mention you ship everything into Germany first. Is this also true for core games? In the shipping part of the campaign it says: "If you do not live in N. America, we highly recommend not pledging for the first printing of the core game on this Kickstarter. We will have to ship you a very heavy box from the US and it will not be cheap." so that confused me a bit.


I believe this is because all the new stuff will be shipping from the Chinese factory to the various distribution points (US, Europe etc) but all the stock they have of the base game isn't in China, its already in the US and so can't be part of that shipment. So, it will mean a much smaller (possibly individual) shipment for the core game, meaning the price per shipment will be much higher.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosu Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
DrDarkspeed wrote:
Shandil wrote:

You mention you ship everything into Germany first. Is this also true for core games? In the shipping part of the campaign it says: "If you do not live in N. America, we highly recommend not pledging for the first printing of the core game on this Kickstarter. We will have to ship you a very heavy box from the US and it will not be cheap." so that confused me a bit.


I believe this is because all the new stuff will be shipping from the Chinese factory to the various distribution points (US, Europe etc) but all the stock they have of the base game isn't in China, its already in the US and so can't be part of that shipment. So, it will mean a much smaller (possibly individual) shipment for the core game, meaning the price per shipment will be much higher.


At least for me, I'd rather wait and have them ship everything from China with customs taken care of.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer!
I wasn't aware of that decision in Brussels, nor was I aware of "EU-friendly" being simply a catch-all term for "fees already included".

And I do not doubt that you consider all options you have, to provide the best solutions. I've come to learn that this is what you always do, anyways!

I was just curious and confused, and wanted to know why there was no such "stamp" on the campaign...


Oh, and I agree - it would be preferrable to pay once and get all that stuff shipped to my door, rather than (and this is what at least I have to do each time) go to the customs office in person and provide extensive purchase proof paperwork, in order to be able to claim the goodies...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would instantly pledge for the core game but I'm afraid of horrendous shipping costs to Germany! Will their be an option for EU backers during the campaign or is this impossible to calculate?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What about EU backers (to Germany) who just pledged $1 to get the upgraded Ritual and Doom Tracks? I'm wondering what the shipping costs are going to be for them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.