GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can a player with this market tile go to an action space requiring payment of an Aero if he or she does not have any Aeros in hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so let's look at the text from the rules:

Quote:
Each time any player places a worker in a spot with
the Aero symbol, the owner receives 1 Aero. If the
owner does this himself, he receives the 1 Aero from
the bank; if another player is doing this, he pays the
Aero to the owner (and not into the bank).

If you didn't have to pay, why would you receive 1 Aero from the bank? I think it makes sense only if you pay 1 Aero, then retrieve 1 Aero from the bank. The option you're suggesting is to not pay and also not claim 1 Aero from the bank which isn't described at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Since the tile depicts an action spot with the symbol of the coin crossed, I believe that the player receives 1 coin from the bank instead of paying it. Is this the correct interpretation, or should the player pay the bank anyway before getting the coin back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tudor
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This can be also interpreted as: The owner of the tile becomes the bank for this paid spots. All other players pay this Aero to the owner of this tile. In case of the owner himself using these spots, he pays one and gets one. End cost would be zero and he won't get an extra Aero but he has to have that one Aero upfront to be able to do this action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.