GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,977 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dadaocheng» Forums » Rules

Subject: Opium rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves Hompech
Belgium
liege
flag msg tools
Hi,

In the rules, page 6 it is said that :
"Thereafter,
each time the player uses 1 opium, move the black cube one space forward, or if the cube has reached the last space
of the opium track, the player places another black cube onto the last space of the opium track instead. At the end of
the game, each used opium is worth minus 1 prestige point."

Does this mean that at the end of the game, if i have spent 8 opium (that are marked by one black cube on position 8 on the track) i will loose 8 prestige points ?

Does this mean that at the end of the game, if i have spent 9 opium (that are marked by two black cube on position 8 on the track) i will loose 16 prestige points ?

Also, still on page 6, scoring: does the owner of opium den loose points for every of his used opium (as everybody) plus the total of opium divided by all players (only for opium den owner) ?

Thank you for your anwsers, i'm a little bit lost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HUEI-CHIANG TSAI
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The rule should be as follows:
Quote:
"Thereafter,
each time the player uses 1 opium, move the black cube one space forward, or if the cube has reached the last space
of the opium track, the player places another black cube onto the first space of the opium track instead. At the end of

So, when you spent 9 opium, there would be one black cube on space 8 and another one on space 1. You would lose 9 prestige points in total.

Yes, the extra penalty is only for opium den owner. If a player owns two opium dens, the penalty will be doubled.

I will upload the corrected rules on BGG in a week. Sorry for the confusion.

Huei

Pompey_up wrote:
Hi,

In the rules, page 6 it is said that :
"Thereafter,
of the opium track, the player places another black cube onto the last space of the opium track instead. At the end of

Does this mean that at the end of the game, if i have spent 8 opium (that are marked by one black cube on position 8 on the track) i will loose 8 prestige points ?

Does this mean that at the end of the game, if i have spent 9 opium (that are marked by two black cube on position 8 on the track) i will loose 16 prestige points ?

Also, still on page 6, scoring: does the owner of opium den loose points for every of his used opium (as everybody) plus the total of opium divided by all players (only for opium den owner) ?

Thank you for your anwsers, i'm a little bit lost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Hompech
Belgium
liege
flag msg tools
Hi Hue,

Thank you for the quick answer. It's clear now for the first question

For the second question, just to be sure: Does the owner of the opium den has to apply also the "regular" penalty or just the extra penalty ?

I guess the two ones...

Thanks again !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HUEI-CHIANG TSAI
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pompey_up wrote:
Hi Hue,

Thank you for the quick answer. It's clear now for the first question

For the second question, just to be sure: Does the owner of the opium den has to apply also the "regular" penalty or just the extra penalty ?

I guess the two ones...

Thanks again !

Yes, the player would have both penalties.
Thanks!

Huei
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.