bobit the bob
msg tools
I want to change a few of the cards on descent, for example changing the grey dice on Stoneskin to a black one. I already play this as a houserule, but it would be nice to put the houserules on the cards.

So does anyone know a method of writing on/over the cards that could be very easily erased? Perhaps non-permanent marker if the cards are waterproof? Or maybe a very small sticky note?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the card in a sleeve, and write on the sleeve. Alternately, print out a paper version of the card, or put that in a sleeve, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobit wrote:
I want to change a few of the cards on descent, for example changing the grey dice on Stoneskin to a black one. I already play this as a houserule, but it would be nice to put the houserules on the cards.

So does anyone know a method of writing on/over the cards that could be very easily erased? Perhaps non-permanent marker if the cards are waterproof? Or maybe a very small sticky note?

Thanks.

Wow... I think something inside me just died screaming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bobit the bob
msg tools
Cuthailion wrote:

Why, did you think this game was balanced?

Not when Runic Sorcery can apply any condition to multiple targets (via blast) at long range while attacking, while its competitor, "Cripple" can only apply immobilize at point-blank to a single target for an action. The fact that Runic Sorcery costs another xp is a minor detail at best.

Just kidding, I know it was because of the card gore. I will try to present details more suitable to the audience next time.

zaltyre wrote:
Put the card in a sleeve

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:

Bobit wrote:
Why, did you think this game was balanced?

Not when Runic Sorcery can apply any condition to multiple targets (via blast) at long range while attacking, while its competitor, "Cripple" can only apply immobilize at point-blank to a single target for an action. The fact that Runic Sorcery costs another xp is a minor detail at best.

Just kidding, I know it was because of the card gore. I will try to present details more suitable to the audience next time.

I´m 100% positive he was talking about the process of writing on your card (shake), not the change you intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charmy 004
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bobit wrote:

Not when Runic Sorcery can apply any condition to multiple targets (via blast)

Just want to point out here that the only way the Runemaster could apply any condition to multiple targets via Blast using Runic Sorcery would be if they had a rune weapon with surge for Blast.

You cannot combine the skills Exploding Rune and Runic Sorcery in one attack, as they are separate actions.

You may already have known this, just wanted to make sure its out there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bobit the bob
msg tools
Charmy wrote:
Bobit wrote:

Just want to point out here that the only way the Runemaster could apply any condition to multiple targets via Blast using Runic Sorcery would be if they had a rune weapon with surge for Blast.

You cannot combine the skills Exploding Rune and Runic Sorcery in one attack, as they are separate actions.

I know that, but it's still far better than blast.

My plan to nerf that skill is to make it apply a random condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got photograph sleeves for my hero cards, i imagine they'd work great for writing revisions on. Probably won't erase, but they're fairly cheap; can buy extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobit wrote:
Charmy wrote:
Bobit wrote:

I know that, but it's still far better than blast.

My plan to nerf that skill is to make it apply a random condition.

That's an enormous nerf to it. Like, so far as a "I would never buy that skill" nerf. And it gets even worse with more expansions in play.

For what it's worth, Cripple doesn't cost an action. With that in mind, it's roughly equivalent to Runic Sorcery in terms of being able to Immobilize something. Its success depends on Might, but Runic Sorcery's success depends on dealing damage. Runic Sorcery can work from a distance, but since it costs an action, a Berserker can spend that action on moving and then to Cripple.

As it stands, yeah, Runic Sorcery is one of the best skills for a Runemaster. But making it a random Condition makes it one of the worst skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bobit the bob
msg tools
Dexter345 wrote:

For what it's worth, Cripple doesn't cost an action.

Oh.

That's worth a lot, lol.

But I still think runic sorcery needs reworked somehow. Maybe it costs 1 more stamina to use immobilize and only 1/2 a stamina to use stuff like bleed? Or something like that to make immobilize vs stun an actual choice. Probably not exactly that though.

That's kind of how I'm doing rebalances atm, through comparison to other nearly-identical skills. I wasn't really considering sorcery v. exploding, because I don't really understand balance enough to balance based on two skills with somewhat different roles.

And my only other balance changes I'm considering are black-dice stoneskin, test-less word of despair and misery (for 3 heroes), uthuk demon trap returns to hand if it succeeds (it rarely succeeds), and web trap is played during the overlord's turn (which is a pretty hard nerf, since it can't cause a player to waste the movement action they started)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.