• [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say Ohio feels your pain as we just had a crushing defeat (though that was statewide, and you're just a city).

I would say this, but Cleveland actually hates you. So instead, we chuckle lightly and move on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Philly fan, I would sympathize (considering how close that Eagles-Saints game was). Then I remember: you guys won a Super Bowl not too long ago, and we haven't won jack squat in TWENTY-FOUR YEARS!!!

Anyhow, you guys just got Cal Ripken Jr. into the hall; revel on that, while we get to watch both the worst basketball team AND the worst hockey team in the league!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the Baltimore Colts beat the Cleveland Browns, sure did.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Wolfe
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly believe that when a team leaves a city, it should be required to leave behind its team name, colors, and logo. (Los Angeles Lakers? Please.)

And I understand that the 1984 midnight move would cause a rivalry between Baltimore and Indy; that's natural. Believe me, I'm not defending Robert Irsay, even if I am glad to have a team in my town -- both he and Art Modell qualify as cowards in my book. But I had nothing to do with that, so I have no qualms about saying: Go Colts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish cities/states would allow private enterprise to proceed unhindered. This would include ending subsidies, tax or otherwise, for pro sports, museums, industries, etc.

It really ticks me off that taxes go to build stadii for millionaire owners. If fans want to subsidize these buildings by buying tickets and/or products from sponsors, fine. Why should those of us that don't care about professional sports foot any of the bill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely you knew that the whole thing was scripted this way?

Baltimore loses to the Colts. San Diego loses to the Patriots. The hype machine works overtime pimping the Manning/Brady and Vinatieri story lines. And the long national nightmare continues with another undeserved victory by the Patriots.

My prediction for the game:

*Patriots become the first team in history to have -100 total yards.

*Brady throws 12 interceptions but the Colts drop 11 of them.

*The Patriots kicker hits a 65-yard field goal, aided by the inexplicable appearance of a tiny wormhole that sucks up the ball and deposits it just over the crossbar.

*Vinatieri misses five field goals, including the potential game-winner.

*After the game, Vinatieri tears off his uniform to reveal a Patriots uniform underneath.

*The NFL has a commentator imprisoned and "re-educated" after he makes the offhand remark, "It probably shouldn't be legal for the Patriots to use baseball bats to beat down the Indianapolis receivers."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.