GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Anywhere with good descriptions of the stuff? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Davis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trying to figure out what to buy but there's not a lot of info on what stuff is. I happen to remember that Primeval Earth involves glaciation but I have no idea what the features of the other two maps are or even how many people they play. How many people does the Library at Celano play?

Same problem with the original faction expansions. I'd love a quick description of what they do.

Is there a wiki or an extensive review or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the artificer
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Rakor wrote:
Trying to figure out what to buy but there's not a lot of info on what stuff is. I happen to remember that Primeval Earth involves glaciation but I have no idea what the features of the other two maps are or even how many people they play. How many people does the Library at Celano play?

Same problem with the original faction expansions. I'd love a quick description of what they do.

Is there a wiki or an extensive review or something?
"

Your best bet is to either go to the original CW KS page.
All of the descriptions are there.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/cthulhu-wars...
goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L0Tj4n1_tkN2ofQS6rJ2...

This has all the info on all the pre onslaught 2 stuff.

Think all maps are between 3 and 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Brown
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can read the rule books available here: https://petersengames.com/downloads/

Also, Check out the Petersen Games youtube channel, which has videos describing the expansions and factions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxPdvDZS-IBI_t-FMzIb7IQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! That's all awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sort of in the same boat. I see all the kickstarter stuff and I just want some sort of better summary of what it actually is.

For example, I think I'm interested in the Factions...MAYBE the great old ones, and maybe some of the player boards. However, I'm not sure of what exactly they are. What am I getting.

What I'd like is a short run down of what they are and how they are used in the game...like two or three sentences max.

For example, with each faction pack...are they independent factions and such.

For the Great Old Ones...how do you actually play them? Do you exchange them into another faction and use their figures instead?

For the boards, can you use more than one at a time? How do they work with the base game?

Things like that so that I can make an educated buy in regards to which expansions I want to have as add ons.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyLord wrote:
I'm sort of in the same boat. I see all the kickstarter stuff and I just want some sort of better summary of what it actually is.

For example, I think I'm interested in the Factions...MAYBE the great old ones, and maybe some of the player boards. However, I'm not sure of what exactly they are. What am I getting.

What I'd like is a short run down of what they are and how they are used in the game...like two or three sentences max.

For example, with each faction pack...are they independent factions and such.

For the Great Old Ones...how do you actually play them? Do you exchange them into another faction and use their figures instead?

For the boards, can you use more than one at a time? How do they work with the base game?

Things like that so that I can make an educated buy in regards to which expansions I want to have as add ons.

Thanks

Faction packs (except for Azathoth) are for individual players, just like the four base game factions. Azathoth is a neutral faction whose monsters, GOO and spellbooks can be used by whoever pays for them first, in addition to a player's standard lineup of units, GOOs and spellbooks (Azathoth's spellbooks can optionally be taken in lieu of one's normal lineup). Other neutral units and monsters are similar; they're added to a faction that nabs them, but they don't replace anything a faction already has. Boards are, by contrast, used INSTEAD of the standard map. They aren't add-ons to the base game, they are full map replacements with their own special conditions. Base game factions and neutral units can be used with all of them.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Meisch
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks JH.

That helps. I'm in the same boat. I don't think I can do the whole $600 but want to pick the best pieces to add on to my base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1460808/cthulhu-wars-it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.