Subject: Initial play session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Oakes
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
I have managed to play a single SOLO session replicating just 2 teams of the Classic race from Orleans to Poitiers, as suggested in the basic rules, and I have some questions for you.

1) If a cyclist is on a Red Heart and then find they are not adjacent to another cyclist at the end of the turn the rules state to remove the token and reduce the resilience by one. Do they return to a Yellow Heart or a Green Heart ?

2) In the sprint in the final Km is it correct that you can use the Sprint ability of the cyclist ONCE only in the race, not at a reducing rate PER TURN as in the Green jersey competition (i.e. per checkpoint)?

3) Under “using abilities” on page 12 of the rules you mention the 4 abilities but only have detail for 3 of them…the resilience detail is missing. Do I assume that when a cyclists resilience is reduced to zero he is retired from the race ? I also think it would be clearer in the rules if you kept the same sequence when describing things as that on the display boards, i.e. Sprint; Mountains; Power; Resilience.

I will provide more comments on this when I have played with my group, and maybe post the queries on the geek so that other buyers can read them. Let me know what you think of this suggestion.

Overall I think the game provides a great simulation. I had great pleasure when using the breakaway die and getting a cyclist at the back to move into the perfect space to help my flagging leader. With the two teams the points ended up 37-30 with the winning team ensuring victory by ‘snatching’ the 6 points at the 134km checkpoint, with a lucky throw of 7 plus a slipstream, just pipping the other team who has 3 riders poised to take all 12 points. Good stuff !

I am sure there will be other questions arising so please treat these queries as very much a ‘first look’. Maybe some things will become clearer once I run a Tour stage, but I want to get as prepared as I can before the game makes its debut at next Wednesday’s session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have replied to these questions through e-mail but I can answer them here for a wider audience:

1) Green
2) The sprint can be used once for EACH checkpoint (including inside the final km).
3) He is not retired from the race (although the manager can choose to do so). He moves at a speed of 2 spaces per turn until he finishes the race. He cannot use any other abilities AT ALL, and cannot slipstream.
For example, if a cyclist is winning the race into the final km then loses his last resilience he can still cruise across the line, although may lose his position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.