Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Run, Fight, or Die!: Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: NEW VIDEO BIG BOX CHALLENGE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQIyRAaxzuI

Here is the Promised Video
and an ALT for the mutants to be put in the BIG BOX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqxuPYv_9C8
Poll
Was Joel able to put everything in the BIG BOX?
Yes
NO
      35 answers
Poll created by dstair2002
9 
 Thumb up
12.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this. It reminds me of the movie Apollo 13, when the NASA engineers had to figure out a way to fix the capsule using only things that were on the capsule. I'd be curious to learn how many different iterations of getting everything in were tried before one was found that worked.

I wouldn't store the game that way (I'd toss the insert, as inserts tend to be good for shipping but lousy for storage, plus, loose cards make my eyeballs itch), but the game sure as hell is in there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Nice job. I threw away the insert because I'm not insane, but you have indeed proved here that it's possible to fit everything WITH the insert. Case closed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did it in 1 try I have always liked that part in the movie.
I have always found it ease after looking at something and then my mind just goes. I had read all the reviews of it not fitting once i got mine i new after i looked i could get it all in the box.

Scouts honor. thats why i took what Justin said "joel lied" was very hurtful to me because he doesn't know me. But here is the proff that i was able to get it in the box.
4 
 Thumb up
50.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel,

Good enough for me. You have proven your point.

Sending you a GG tip, enough for an avatar.

On second thought, since you've been such a good sport, I'll up it to 50 GG.

Congrats on accepting and meeting the challenge.

Jackdevil
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
I did it in 1 try I have always liked that part in the movie.
I have always found it ease after looking at something and then my mind just goes. I had read all the reviews of it not fitting once i got mine i new after i looked i could get it all in the box.

Scouts honor. thats why i took what Justin said "joel lied" was very hurtful to me because he doesn't know me. But here is the proff that i was able to get it in the box.


Very glad to see it can be done. I do think it would have been nice for the box to be a bit bigger so that putting stuff away doesn't have to be so precise, but it actually fits. Excellent work!

Don't take this the wrong way, but your accent even sounds a little like Homer Hickam (the NASA engineer whose story was made into the movie "October Sky"), although I'm pretty sure yours is not a West Virginia accent.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks War Chief and everyone else
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
Thanks War Chief and everyone else


You are more than welcome. Great job. I honestly did not think it could be done.

I see you have been spending that GG wisely.

But I am still seriously POed about the miscut cards and Jasons' crappy attitude.shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Job!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lowe
United States
Gray
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
dstair2002 wrote:
Thanks War Chief and everyone else


You are more than welcome. Great job. I honestly did not think it could be done.

I see you have been spending that GG wisely.

But I am still seriously POed about the miscut cards and Jasons' crappy attitude.shake

And the dice. My dice are very dirty and chipped. They will be shipping me new dice they get time they said.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah my black die was dirty... the white paint wasn't white. It was a muted brown color.

But good job on the video!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Alexander
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
thats why i took what Justin said "joel lied" was very hurtful to me because he doesn't know me. But here is the proff that i was able to get it in the box.


You got caught in multiple lies, Joel. And then you got caught editing you posts in order to cover-up the lies and then trying to lie about editing the posts.

I, for one, never said it would be impossible for you to film this video. (It's clear that some people got inserts where you could technically cram everything in. Although other people, including myself, got inserts which can't fit the mutants because the bases are too tall.) I said you had lied because that was, in fact, what you had done. Repeatedly.

This video doesn't change the fact that you're an unapologetic liar. If that makes you feel bad, then I recommend not telling lies in the future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirill Petrjashev
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
You know what's funny? I managed to put everything in original box (small one).
I did not get my 2nd mutant boss yet and do not have 1st one. So without mutant bosses I can confirm that it all fits in a small box. Sooo, I threw big box away

I have a lot of games, this way I can save some space on my shelves and big box was ugly anyway



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the box today, after having paid VAT.
Sadly my insert does not match the one in the video. My player boards does not fit in the bottom and I cannot have 3 character boards in a row there either.
But my main problem is, of course, the miscut cards.
I do not sleeve my cards and do not believe it should be necessary to spend extra money on a game already produced by a "professional" company.
Oh well, that is one company less to tempt me with games in the future. At least that is good news according to my girlfriend...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirill Petrjashev
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
I got the box today, after having paid VAT.


Exactly! And they mentioned that EU backers will get their package from UK

"EU - We again are using Spiral Galaxy so most will ship from the UK. They have yet to receive their pallets but they are on the way. I will update once I know more."

from here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1545517208/run-fight-or...

If they would send through Spiral Galaxy, EU people would not have to pay any additional taxes.


About cards, this is really a problem for me as well. I have sent official requets to replace defective cards. Lets see what 8th summit answers...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Good Job on packing all this stuff in Joel!

As another user posted above, I too have a slightly different sized insert so my player boards will not fit into the bottom. I picked mine up from a UK retailer who must have backed the project and was selling the kickstarter big box with single player campaign expansion.

I ended up putting most of the minis in the big compartment with the player boards resting on top (I dont have the 5-6 player expansion or the first big mutant mini but have all the other stuff). The big mutant I do have (jive cat) sits in one of the square pockets with two sets of mutant cards. I dont have the problem with his base being too high. It sits higher than the insert, but the box is maybe 5mm higher than the insert and the lid fits on fine.

I have all my small cards in the next square pocket. The last square pocket has the crawler minis from the hoard (the rest are in the main compartment) and the dice all sit in here.

Lastly I have the character boards in the long compartment, these sit at a slight angle with the full size cards (locations and followers) resting on these, again at an angle. The tokens all sit next to the cards to fill in the space.

It all fits, but only just. The thing I am least happy with in my set up is that the location and follower cards are slightly high at the angle they go into the compartment. I would be concerned at putting any weight on top of the box when the lid is on because I am almost certain the box lid must be resting on these cards. My cards are also not sleeved.

I could perhaps try decanting some of the minis into the other compartments and storing the cards under the boards, that might work.

Overall I am a little disappointed in the poor fit of the box and insert. There are obviously a couple of variations knocking about. Ones where you are able to fit the boards into the big compartment and others where the mutant bases sit too high for the box. If I also had the 5-6 player expansion with the extra boards and minis, I would not be able to make everything fit.

Also, I notice that your solo courthouse mat is considerably smaller than mine. Did you trim this down especially to fit it in the box? That is what I am considering doing with mine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

FWIW, I was able to fit everything by removing the 7" divider. I posted pictures in a post in a different thread, here: Re: Big Box does NOT fit all.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirill Petrjashev
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poet1001 wrote:
[q="dbc-"]
About cards, this is really a problem for me as well. I have sent official requets to replace defective cards. Lets see what 8th summit answers...


It's been more then a week since I have sent my request. No info so far.
Taking in to account fact that Jason told me before they will not abe able replace those I think it's 8th summits policy not to replace defective components =(

So whoever is thinking to buy any of their products, please be aware of this fact.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
poet1001 wrote:
poet1001 wrote:
[q="dbc-"]
About cards, this is really a problem for me as well. I have sent official requets to replace defective cards. Lets see what 8th summit answers...


It's been more then a week since I have sent my request. No info so far.
Taking in to account fact that Jason told me before they will not abe able replace those I think it's 8th summits policy not to replace defective components =(

So whoever is thinking to buy any of their products, please be aware of this fact.


Jason Maxwell has proven himself to be a real punk. I will never buy anything else from 8th Summit again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.