Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The inevitable player count question. Not sure if people have played it enough to have a good feeling for player counts, but I figured I'd ask.

First off, is it good with 2 players? Not asking if 2 players is ideal, but whether it's worth playing with only 2.

It doesn't look like there are any allowances made for fewer players, so my guess is that, at the least, the ramp up time is longer. However, once the board is filled, is there enough time that there is tension with 3. There are some games that should only be played with 4 (or 3). Is this one of them? or is 3 just about as good once the board is filled?

Play time: given the way the game clock moves, my guess is that 2 and 3 player games won't be much shorter than 4. Is that true? How long will a first and second play take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have played solo a few times and enjoyed it, even though it's not the best solo game out there by any stretch of imagination.

I have tried with another player and it felt really flat, so I would not reccomend it for 2. With 3 players everybody gets a minister and that doesn't look too exciting.

I am pretty confident/hopeful the game will really shine with a full 4 player count, whenever I get a chance to play that (and that's why I still have to rate the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the very basic game (without insurgents) with two players. I've played one full three-player games and several solo games.

My conclusion from those experiences is that a two-player game (a full one with insurgents and government ministers etc.) will be a perfectly satisfying experience but will not take up the whole of the map. With a limit of 10 peacekeepers between the players plus another 5 belonging to the government I would imagine it is hard to keep every region free from insurgents. So I'm guessing that a two-player game would probably only reach 7 or 8 regions and ignore the other few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reynolds

Cannock
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played several solo games, and 1 X 2-player basic. Was a little open, would suggest 3 would be best especially when learning.
The 2-player was enjoyable and was easy learning due to the extra space.
Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed 2, 3, and 4 players using the full Ragnar ruleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.