Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't understand how the guy who bought non-standard size sleeves, and took the time and effort to sleeve the entire game, decided to put two games in a shipping box with absolutely no packing materials and to leave half the components (including the sleeved cards) loose in the box. Argh!

Really? You're going to be obsessive about protecting the cards but consider shipping the games like some sort of homemade concrete mixer to be okay? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Now I'll be awake all night thinking about this (and hoping the clown under my bed won't come out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, I'd be PISSED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I just don't understand how the guy who bought non-standard size sleeves, and took the time and effort to sleeve the entire game, decided to put two games in a shipping box with absolutely no packing materials and to leave half the components (including the sleeved cards) loose in the box. Argh!

Really? You're going to be obsessive about protecting the cards but consider shipping the games like some sort of homemade concrete mixer to be okay? shake

He's obsessive about the condition of his games. Once he trades them he does not consider them his and therefore cares less?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The corners of the boxes got dinged a bunch... and despite being relatively new games the boxes look pretty worn now, which I'm assuming is due to knocking about in shipping. Despite being jumbled up a bunch, the cards, tiles, pieces, etc are fine.

I guess I'm lucky, it could have been a lot worse than it was. I just don't get how someone who obviously is concerned about the condition of the game, thinks "Oh, I won't bother using packing peanuts, bubble wrap, paper or any packing materials at all... and I'll leave the game unbagged so that everything is guaranteed to get mixed up and bounced around."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
He's obsessive about the condition of his games. Once he trades them he does not consider them his and therefore cares less?
So that's a big FU to the next guy then. But if something had gotten seriously damaged, I guarantee you that he would have cared a lot more, because I would have given him a piece of my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hallahan
United States
Ft. Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Santa smells like cookies...you smell like beef and regret.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that not everyone cares about the games once they have traded it or gotten their money for it. I purchased some player boards (actually paid for them) and the seller sent them to me in a manilla envelope. No cardboard to keep them sturdy, no padding, not even a DO NOT BEND written on the envelope. And when they arrived destroyed (as expected, given the packaging) his only response was "Take it up with USPS". I was livid.

Some people are just tools. The game was no longer his, he traded it away (or you purchased it, you didn't specify), he didn't care about it's condition. He should be concerned about his feedback though.

Thunkd wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:
So that's a big FU to the next guy then. But if something had gotten seriously damaged, I guarantee you that he would have cared a lot more, because I would have given him a piece of my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

Are you sure he bought it new? He may have acquired it used, and the sleeves are from the first owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Admje14 wrote:
Are you sure he bought it new? He may have acquired it used, and the sleeves are from the first owner.
Good point. I didn't even consider that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.