GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Secrets Revealed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Webb

Nashville
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book states that Secrets Revealed cards replace cards from the drone deck, but they do not indicate which objective(s) to shuffle the secrets revealed cards into.

In 4-player games, I usually do this:

0 - Objective 1
2 - Objective 2
2 - Objective 3

In 5-player games, I'll throw the 5th in the first one objective.

What do you guys do? I feel like having an early secrets revealed can be helpful to the team, but if an evil agenda is revealed it almost ruins the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says that the Secrets Revealed are mixed in with the Drone cards. So first I take the Secrets Revealed and mix them with the Drone cards to be used (minus number of players, of course). Then I shuffle all of those before splitting this Drone/Secrets Revealed pile up into the piles to be added randomly to the hive decks.

This set up makes the Secrets Revealed cards show up any time a drone card could. It's a little more random and gets the agenda cards out faster than your version, but I can see how it's not a bad idea to keep the Secret Revealed cards from exposing the traitor too soon before he/she can build his/her deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.