BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Advice on 3D Bridge Game Element? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Doenges
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I have a cardboard mock-up of a game that has been beat up pretty bad through hours and hours of play. I am currently in the beginning of creating a more 'official' mock up that will hold up a little better.

My biggest design struggle is essentially creating a sturdy bridge. On the cardboard mockup, I have a long, thin piece of cardboard attached on one side to the board, then bent twice at the midpoint and attached into a slot to form a tall, thin platform. This is supported by a tall X-shaped support. On top of this is a wider platform for the pieces to go on. Two of these are connected by a bridge piece. Hopefully that made sense. It worked for a while but is really unstable at this point and there's gotta be a better way to do this.

I am pretty clueless how to make a cleaner, sturdier version of this bridge as I have never really seen it in a game before. Any thoughts, advice, or games with similar structures to check out would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Can you upload a picture of the current structure to your personal gallery and then share it here?

Why does the game need a bridge?
How much weight is going to be on it?
Does it need to have printable material on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.