Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale C
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm revisiting this game after 25years and I am having a hard time trying to understand the combat section of the rules.

If I read correctly here is the summary:
There is an initial combat phase where you can attack the defender, if you do attack you can then try to advance once into their hex but no more movement even in the exploit phase for that unit, they are done, just one assault per unit and then they are done for the turn.

If they do not attack they can exploit and try to advance many, many times. Finally that unit can choose to attack at any point but they cannot advance anymore, and if an advance fails then the attack cannot be done that turn for that unit.

Is this a good paraphrasing or have I missed some of this. I've read over a few times, just not understanding it clearly, I've also read the earlier post about combat but I still had these questions after reading the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Krockover
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it in my notes as such:

Movement and Combat Sequence Outline

I. Movement

II. Combat Initial Attacks

1. Declare all attacks. These will eventually be either Assaults or Advances.
2. Defensive Assaults. Any hex that has a defender that had an attack declared against it may defensive assault. Results can be applied to any of the hexes attacking his.
3. Offensive Assaults. Execute the Assaults of the declared attacks.
A. Attack the hex that has an enemy army and apply any losses.
B. Attack an empty hex and note that the garrison is either lost or not.

4. Combat Initial Advances
A. All of the declared attacks may attempt to advance into the hex that they aimed for. Note that you may now be advancing against reduced armies or hexes with destroyed garrisons.
B. One Army for one hex (only) at a time.
C. Any retreats can be followed up.
D. Failure to advance at any time ends the turn for that army.

5. Combat Exploitation Attacks
A. Those that advanced in the Initial Advances Stage may attempt to advance again
B. One army at a time until advance is exhausted.
C. May conduct an Assault at any point if they have not done so already.
D. Any retreats can be followed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale C
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I also watched a couple of Youtube videos by Calendale last night and your post and the videos make it much clearer, thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.