Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Jakeway
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
....Or how to organize the gazillion pieces?

I got this game rather recently and unfortunately it did not come with a game tray. Any idea where I could get one (standard AH box size) or what people do to organize the game pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I use ziplock bags - that works well.

JimA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also get a standard GMT-size chit tray (sold at most game shops) and trim the long edges with scissors. Make sure to get a two-piece chit tray as opposed to a one-piece tray with a hinge -- the one-piece trays tend to be tough to open and you can end up with a chit explosion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to find some plastic storage containers at a craft shop that were the perfect size. Probably ones that are marked for small pieces, buttons or beads or such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use an old AH try. Chessex & GMT sell similar ones.

But I do the following since there are only 16 slots:
3 slots to hold port/factor and forts - 2 cultures per slot.
1 slot for shields, nove balls & lasers
1 slot for red, yellow & combined drives
1 for port deeds
1 for factory deeds
1 for the IOU's
1 for the Rastur.
7 for 2 sets of chits for the cultures: goods, factory good and large ID chit It is not too hard to separate them as they are discovered in the game.

The key is taters and demand/fare chits go into separate bags--they don't need to go intot he trays: the demand fares get poured into the cup, taters are flipped faced down, mixed and placed on the map (with the 12 extras placed aside in case of accidental exposure)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.