Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the whole, this is a vast improvement over the original in terms of rules clarity. However, I do have a few questions.

1. Page 3 missing identifying pictures of Swiss, Saxon, Brandenburger, Danish, and Hanseatic counters.

2. Rule section 6: case numbering badly garbled.

3. 10.3 Must Wallenstein be given Controlled cards? It's specified for Manstein and Saxe-Weimar, but not for Wallenstein.

4. 10.5.3 If the mercenary leader is paid off after becoming a Marauder, per this rule, he is removed from the map, but his units remain. I assume they are still Marauders, unless hired. Right?

5. 13.4.2.3 I assume the "subordinated" leaders and units mentioned in this case are the same as the ones noted in 11.4 as being set aside to move with an ally. Correct?

6. 14.1 May Forced March be declared after spending all of one's movement points, or must the stack have at least one MP left in order to attempt Forced March.

14.3 Must the player roll for all of his units' Forced March attempts before aborting the Forced March, or may he abort at any point during the attempt rolls?

7. 18.4.3 A leader in a stack, if not using his bonus for his own attack, may add his bonus to the stack's attack. If the stack with the leader has an artillery unit and a non-artillery unit, and they fire separately, may the leader add to both of the units' attacks, or must he choose one?

Thanks for the great job. Really looking forward to playing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
10.3 Must Wallenstein be given Controlled cards? It's specified for
Manstein and Saxe-Weimar, but not for Wallenstein.

---YES, as 10.3.2 says, “instead of forfeiting one card to his control when he is hired, the hiring player must forfeit one card EACH TURN that Wallenstein is in his employ.” note that in the general rules (10.1.2) “The mercenary's cards are kept in a separate pile below his employer's Control pile.”

10.5.3 If the mercenary leader is paid off after becoming a Marauder,
per this rule, he is removed from the map, but his units remain. I
assume they are still Marauders, unless hired. Right?........RIGHT

13.4.2.3 I assume the "subordinated" leaders and units mentioned in this
case are the same as the ones noted in 11.4 as being set aside to move
with an ally. Correct?.......YES

14.1 May Forced March be declared after spending all of one's movement
points, or must the stack have at least one MP left in order to attempt
Forced March. ...As `the rule states, may attempt it “at any point during his movement phase”.. so YES it may be declared after spending all movement points

14.3 Must the player roll for all of his units' Forced March attempts
before aborting the Forced March, or may he abort at any point during
the attempt rolls?......ROLL FOR ALL....as the rule states “After a player has rolled to force march his units he may halt etc.” (so some may die, and you then decide if you really want the rest to keep moving or not)

7. 18.4.3 A leader in a stack, if not using his bonus for his own
attack, may add his bonus to the stack's attack. If the stack with the
leader has an artillery unit and a non-artillery unit, and they fire
separately, may the leader add to both of the units' attacks, or must he
choose one? …....A leader adds to one combat roll. If he is with one unit, he adds to that one unit. If with a stack, you add all the bonuses for one roll (infantry plus artillery plus leader). Units in a stack fire together; units in a stack do not fire separately. if they are firing separately they are not stacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! The game looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fawcett
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the case numbering issue for section 6 sorted out, and we'll be releasing an addenda file to cover any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Compter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the addenda file from ConSimWorld, (thanks) but what are the chances of getting a "fixed" Rulebook, at least in PDF form?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fawcett
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasC wrote:
I got the addenda file from ConSimWorld, (thanks) but what are the chances of getting a "fixed" Rulebook, at least in PDF form?

Very good. Very good indeed. Jon and I are working on it as we speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Compter
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! So I won't have to create one myself, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.