9 Posts

Monopoly Deal Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 SETS of dark blue properties and rent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronaldy Halim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened if I have 2 sets of the dark blue properties(2 normal blue cards and then the other 2 from blue/green wild card and 10-colour wild card)?
Is it legal to have such sets?

And what happened if I play rent for the blue properties? Do I get double rent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kibbe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the rules, as noted in the PDFs below, is that you can only use one set of a given color to win. That being the case, we only allow one set to be played and only one rent to be collected. I think that best reflects the spirit of the game, though you can play with whatever rule variants you want as long as everyone playing is on the same page.

From the instructions:
"REMEMBER, 3 DIFFERENT-COLORED PROPERTY SETS WIN THE GAME!"
"Collect as many properties as you want, but you need 3 full sets (of different colors) to win the game."

Have fun!

http://funskoolindia.com/pdf/monopoly-deal-card-game.pdf
http://funskoolindia.com/pdf/Monopoly-Deal.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldy Halim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I also count that as only 1 set. But this can happen if maybe another player pays you with the 1 set properties, because they don't have money or other properties. That said, I think maybe the only 1 rent can be collected is okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, the blue/green and wild can form blue or green properties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldy Halim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you also have all 3 green cards.(so all blue and green). Then another player pay you with the wild green/blue and wild 10colour. And you don't have another properties,play the rent on blue. I really want to know this particular case when you have 2 sets of same colour and play the rent card.

Let's say you also have all 3 green cards.(so all green, 1 blue and 10colour wild). Then another player pay you with the wild green/blue and blue. And you don't have another properties,play the rent on blue. I really want to know this particular case when you have 2 sets of same colour and play the rent card.

Edit: Italics and bolds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alay_pewpew wrote:
Let's say you also have all 3 green cards.(so all blue and green). Then another player pay you with the wild green/blue and wild 10colour. And you don't have another properties,play the rent on blue. I really want to know this particular case when you have 2 sets of same colour and play the rent card.

The Wild 10-color cannot be transferred as payment. It has no monetary value. It can only be stolen with an Action card that transfers a property set or property card.

As to the original question, which is "If I have two sets of the same color (possible with both proper property cards, the DkBlue/Green wild and the 10-color wild), how much rent is DarkBlue worth?", the way we play it is:

DarkBlue has two rents listed: 1 card and 2 cards. If you select DarkBlue, you will get one of those two rents (modified by House/Hotel/Double Rent/etc) as appropriate.

Since the 10-color wild is being used for this scenario, odds are strong that the game could be ended if you transfer the 10-color wild to a non-DarkBlue set in your portfolio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldy Halim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edited my post above.

byronczimmer wrote:
Since the 10-color wild is being used for this scenario, odds are strong that the game could be ended if you transfer the 10-color wild to a non-DarkBlue set in your portfolio.

Remember that I don't have any other properties, only that green and blue and wild cards. So it's not end the game yet(only 2 different colored sets; 1 green and 2 blue)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alay_pewpew wrote:
Edited my post above.

byronczimmer wrote:

Remember that I don't have any other properties, only that green and blue and wild cards. So it's not end the game yet(only 2 different colored sets; 1 green and 2 blue)

According to the FAQ here: http://monopolydealrules.com/ any three sets count for victory, even if two of them are the same color.

(( Specifically: http://monopolydealrules.com/index.php?page=property#top question #1 ))

That's a fan run site (though it's pretty extensive) so YMMV.

The practical answer:
This question has not been asked of Hasbro, or if it has, it hasn't been documented. As such, your table needs to decide how it will play out. You've been given a few examples of how others play it (and reasons why it's not really something that needs answering most of the time). This is an extreme edge case that I believe is unlikely to occur before the end of the game has been triggered.

If you decide to email Hasbro to get a definitive answer please share the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
poof daddy

California
msg tools
I'm pretty sure the rules that come in box say 3 different colored properties are needed to win. And to answer your question you only collect rent on one set. I have the electronic version and you do not collect on both sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.