Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
hello, I just wanted to check I had 1 thing correct before it became an issue,

The rules mention that when you have the positive mutation "Efficient to Sequence" that you can discover a cure even if it is not your turn,

Can I assume you still need to be at a research station for that?

I.E. The only time this would happen is if you end your turn in a city with a research station and then another player gives you a card on their turn resulting in you having enough cards for the cure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to put the "2. Efficient to Sequence" positive mutation you must already have "1. Common Structure" already as a position mutation for the virus. They must be placed in order, and they stack.

That means when you place Common Structure, you no longer need to cure at a research station. Then when you add Efficient to Sequence, you can cure immediately and you also don't need to be at a research station because you can't have Efficient to Sequence without having already added Common Structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text of "Efficient to Sequence" actually says "You no longer need to spend an action to Discover a Cure for the disease."

The question I have is - does this imply it can be played at any time?

We have been playing that it still has to be the player's turn that has the cards but they don't have to use an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It specifically says in the rulebook that it does not need to be your turn to cure it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup right there on page 14, there it is. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ahh I see it says that on the sticker sheet, because it does not say that in the rulebook that I could find.

Will pay closer attention to the sticker sheet, glad I have not started a game yet otherwise I could have done something stupid modest .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.