GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: More concise game info page?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG's game info pages are too comprehensive. I want to be able to show people in my group the various games we could play, but I don't want to overload them with the standard BGG page. What I'd really like is just a simple listing that showed the game itself (and hopefully its cover!), what kind of game it is, the player count, and the time to play -- I don't think I really need/want any more info than that.

Is there some site that presents this relevant info -- and only this relevant info -- that I can link to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pup Selchen
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon?

Even though I have to say - I find the "Information" part very concise already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider getting nandeck and the "What game do you want to play" deck. You should be able to download all the games in your collection and turn them into a deck of cards that you can scroll through quite easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the BBG App might fit the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You could also consider making a geeklist with the information that you want. I did that to show 100 games that I think of as especially fun and attractive to mixed groups and even newbies, and I set it up using representative images for each game that show the box for the actual version I have. Then in the description field, I included a small photo of the game in play where possible, and a very brief comment or two about the game and how many players. The geeklist itself provides ratings and such.

The advantages of making your own geeklist are that you can set it up with exactly the games and information that you want to show, you can quickly change the list anytime once it is set up, all of the games that you want to show are neatly in one place, and you'll have a link that you can send and share with anyone, even folks who are not BGG members, and they can look at your list anytime they like, from any location and on any device that can access BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.