Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Muhammad Azwan Dahlan
Malaysia
Kepala Batas
Penang
flag msg tools
badge
Wahatever you do... DON'T... FALL... ASLEEP...
mbmbmbmbmb
What happen to the character tiles on an activated action that no longer has character tokens?

For example: I want to recruit a Knight. There was one Knight available until player before me took the last one. So I can no longer do that action. Do the character tiles stuck on Castle action space (to recruit Knight) until Knight becomes available again?

Am I allowed to simply put the character tiles back to the bag without carry out the activated action?
Or do I have to draw less (during Phase 3) and put back the character tiles from action space to the Market?

meeple

Edit: I wrote "followers" when I meant "character tiles"! To avoid confusion, changed all "followers" to "character tiles".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Followers on 'no longer available' activated action
From the rules page 21:

"When you run out of a particular tile, you can no longer play an action that provides that tile."

So you can´t simply put them in your bag, they are stuck on that action.

rules again:

"You cannot move a Character Tile from one Action Space to another. However, when drawing Followers from your bag during Phase 3: “Followers”, for each Follower that you decline to draw, you may move a Character Tile from an Action Space to your Market."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Azwan Dahlan
Malaysia
Kepala Batas
Penang
flag msg tools
badge
Wahatever you do... DON'T... FALL... ASLEEP...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply! We did wrong on last game by simply putting character tiles back to the bag. Your help will sure improve our next game. Thank you so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording is still a little vague. I take it to mean that the tokens are finite so you are limited to the supply. But if there are no knights left, but you could still move up on the track, are you not able to use that action any more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:
The wording is still a little vague. I take it to mean that the tokens are finite so you are limited to the supply. But if there are no knights left, but you could still move up on the track, are you not able to use that action any more?

Once you run out of knights in the pool, you can't use that action anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So not even to take the action to move up the track?

Also, what about in the case of a farmer action. Let's say there are farmer tokens left but there are no cheese tiles left, but if I take the farmer action, it would move me up the track to the cheese space. According to the letter of the rules, this would not be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:

Also, what about in the case of a farmer action. Let's say there are farmer tokens left but there are no cheese tiles left, but if I take the farmer action, it would move me up the track to the cheese space. According to the letter of the rules, this would not be allowed.

Correct (at least how I've interpreted it). You can't take the corresponding action at all if the tile (character, good, anything). Page 21 of the Rulebook:

"Character, Technology, and Goods Tiles are limited in this game. You cannot gain a tile if it is not available anymore. When you run
out of a particular tile, you can no longer play an action that provides that tile.
Events may result in certain tiles becoming available
again (Harvest, Plague). When this happens, you can play the corresponding actions again."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
clawlan wrote:

Correct (at least how I've interpreted it). You can't take the corresponding action at all if the tile (character, good, anything). Page 21 of the Rulebook:

"Character, Technology, and Goods Tiles are limited in this game. You cannot gain a tile if it is not available anymore. When you run
out of a particular tile, you can no longer play an action that provides that tile.
Events may result in certain tiles becoming available
again (Harvest, Plague). When this happens, you can play the corresponding actions again."

I still think they meant for that to mean that resources are finite (based on the scores of other euros ive played), but I am anxious to see if the designer will weigh in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are at the end of a track or there are no more followers of that kind, you can't take the action. The goods on the farmer track are a bonus, so you can still do the action and get a farmer even if you can't get the good you are allowed to.

It is in of the other rules threads somewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonezy wrote:
If you are at the end of a track or there are no more followers of that kind, you can't take the action. The goods on the farmer track are a bonus, so you can still do the action and get a farmer even if you can't get the good you are allowed to.

^^^^EXACTLY^^^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonezy wrote:

Perfect, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonezy wrote:

The other rules thread in question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.