Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a bit of a look around, and google check with some key words, and couldn't find an answer. I'm sure if has been posted, but hoping to score a reply or answer.

When I look at my "Owned" - Boardgames, it shows items that are not base games, ie, "7 Wonders - Catan" board shows up under this list, and under the Board Game Expansions.

How can we correct this to only show the base games minus all the Addons and Promo stuff? Am i missing anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
On the User Collection screen (the screen you get to when you click the number next to "Owned"), click "Filters" to bring up the filters box. From the drop down next to "Exclude" select "Board Game Expansion" and then click "Apply Filters"

It isn't that the database is counting your expansions as base games - the basic "Owned" function is counting all your game items, whether base games or expansions. Use the filter to clear out the expansions if you want to see base games only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that makes sense, i guess it's more my OCD playing up that the total of owned base games is way over what it should be. and other than clicking the filter, there is no quick way to show the correct number of base games owned to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
JonaBullets wrote:
Yeah, that makes sense, i guess it's more my OCD playing up that the total of owned base games is way over what it should be. and other than clicking the filter, there is no quick way to show the correct number of base games owned to others.

If by default it only showed your owned base games, then someone else with different OCD would be bothered that it's only showing the number of base games owned, instead of showing the correct number of all game-related products owned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you've set the filters to the view that best fits your expectations, just bookmark the permalink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.