GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,231 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: big damn heroes promo question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Does big damn heroes stack? We play it as no since it doesn't say it does like with lawmen, but how do you guys play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: big game hunters promo question
Do you mean Big Damn Heroes? I would say yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Re: big game heros promo question
Yes, fixed the name, cant belive I did that.

Have you found more than one to be broken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Myself, I'm not a real fan. I find them to be unbalancing in general, much less when they're piled on top of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We have one player who will sit on Persephone to get the Tamms, or on whatever supply planet gets Big Damn Heroes (I didn't read this till after the OP corrected it, now I'm searching my imagination for what he might have written). Apart from that I've have never found that the Big Damn Heroes are that special. There are other, more powerful combinations, and generally, people don't have a full set, so they are spread among the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And more often than not forget to take the $100 per misbehave! surprise

DaveR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we have a player who regularly get's 2 or 3 of the heroes, and loves to run the misbehave gauntlet, usually pulling in around a cool $1k extra with almost every job. it's not a bad bit of pocket change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Stokes
United Kingdom
winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Not this good looking in real life
mbmbmbmbmb
We found that letting each player choose and hire one at the start of the game gave things a Kickstart. Usually let people choose in the reverse order they choose captains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
We have one player who will sit on Persephone to get the Tamms, or on whatever supply planet gets Big Damn Heroes (I didn't read this till after the OP corrected it, now I'm searching my imagination for what he might have written). Apart from that I've have never found that the Big Damn Heroes are that special. There are other, more powerful combinations, and generally, people don't have a full set, so they are spread among the players.

If you check out gwek's reply's title, it says "big game hunters" rather than BDH.

And I'd trigger each instance of the ability separately, so if someone did get all five, they'd be looking at an extra $500 per misbehave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
And I'd trigger each instance of the ability separately, so if someone did get all five, they'd be looking at an extra $500 per misbehave.
+1 thumbsup

But I REALLY like the idea of everyone choose one, in reverse order. Cool!
Another alternate is to put both cards in the Deck. First one drawn is it.
Or worse, go all Yolanda on them, second one drawn forces the first one out of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:

Yea I typed in big game hunters instead.

So you guys do allow multiple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
It's never been a problem for us, so we allow whatever comes. But most of us don't chase them, so they aren't so bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Terrell
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
The group I usually play with typically does not take the time to mine through a supply deck. We've all realized that doing so delays your progress toward the winning goals.

We also do not start the game with the BDH cards in their decks. We use a house rule that uses the BDH cards as winnable upgrades to the standard versions. Once you complete a job involving at least one misbehave, you may exchange the normal card for the BDH version.

Due to those two factors, the BDH cards have not posed an issue in the games we've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.