Subject: Screaming antelope basic action question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Its target rules are 'closest knocked down survivor, in range'
So does that mean if no one is knocked down, it doesn't attack and grazes instead? Essentially if you have it down to the last wound all it will do is run forward in a straight line (assuming all plants are gone of course) until you kill it or one of its reactions cause knock down?

There are also a few other AI cards mostly to do with grazing I believe that say it does its basic action if there aren't any plants left. So again, it just sprints forward instead of attacking if no one is knocked down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
strewart wrote:
So does that mean if no one is knocked down, it doesn't attack and grazes instead? Essentially if you have it down to the last wound all it will do is run forward in a straight line (assuming all plants are gone of course) until you kill it or one of its reactions cause knock down?

There are also a few other AI cards mostly to do with grazing I believe that say it does its basic action if there aren't any plants left. So again, it just sprints forward instead of attacking if no one is knocked down?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blueskew wrote:
strewart wrote:

Correct.

Ok so somewhat related question that comes up with the Lion, (bloody claw I think?)
Target: survivor in range with the most bleeding tokens

If no one is bleeding I've been playing it that he just the targets anyone (all targets within range are tied for most bleeding tokens (in this case - none)), is this correct or since no one is bleeding go to Instinct/Basic Action as per the target priority?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, it's in the manual that example most bleeding tokens its 0 too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:
Correct, it's in the manual that example most bleeding tokens its 0 too

Thanks - I knew that I was just making sure you'd read your manual properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sadly I don't have the manual here with me, once I reach home I'll let you know the page number =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:

Sadly I don't have the manual here with me, once I reach home I'll let you know the page number =)

Page 68. Most/Least: Zero can count as most or least unless otherwise stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Excellent, so on the question of the antelope basic attack.. This card reflex seems to not really synergise too well with it.

I expected the antelope to just attack everyone in contact, but it seems that it would only attack people knocked down? And if there is no one, it simply reverts to graze and potentially bolts forward in a straight line trampling one person but ignoring the rest?
I guess it suits how the antelope acts it just seemed a bit strange to have a card like that to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
The part that says to target everyone in the zone overrides the basic action's normal targeting parameters. Everyone in the zone gets attacked, one at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
strewart wrote:
Excellent, so on the question of the antelope basic attack.. This card reflex seems to not really synergise too well with it.

I expected the antelope to just attack everyone in contact, but it seems that it would only attack people knocked down? And if there is no one, it simply reverts to graze and potentially bolts forward in a straight line trampling one person but ignoring the rest?
I guess it suits how the antelope acts it just seemed a bit strange to have a card like that to me.

Robert is exactly right. On many Reactions you'll see text saying to use the Basic Action, but specifying different targets. This means that you should ignore the Basic Action's targeting scheme and use the specified targets. Otherwise, reactions that swing back at an attacker would follow the normal targeting scheme for any monster and you would lose the "riposte" quality of the attack. The Basic Attack is pretty much just referenced to keep the monster's attack traits and attack profile so that they didn't have to reprint it all on a hit location card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah that makes sense. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
strewart wrote:

This seems like the Antelope becomes completely harmless. It doesn't. Colliding with the players will knock them down, making them a target for attack the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
It’s true. A wounded antelope just runs around the edge of the board doing NASCAR laps until you put it out of its misery. Quite a surprise after Lions.

This is another impressive thing about the game is the authenticity of the different quarries. The Lion is a predator it comes for you. The Antelope is a grazing animal so it will run or kick or trample and will only feel confident in attacking you if you are knocked down not standing and threatening.

The attention to these details is astounding and make it my perfect game design.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
It’s true. A wounded antelope just runs around the edge of the board doing NASCAR laps until you put it out of its misery. Quite a surprise after Lions.

This is another impressive thing about the game is the authenticity of the different quarries. The Lion is a predator it comes for you. The Antelope is a grazing animal so it will run or kick or trample and will only feel confident in attacking you if you are knocked down not standing and threatening.

The attention to these details is astounding and make it my perfect game design.

Phoenix

Thats exactly what I loved about fighting the level 2 antelope. Its behaviour was actually like a scared and angry antelope would be. Attempting to predict its movement and hit it on the run was so much fun. We also had a survivor with a fighting art that let him potentially roll away from monster collision damage which was perfect for putting in front of the antelope to help control its movements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.