6 Posts

Folklore: The Affliction» Forums » General

Subject: This game has a lot of potential rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
There is a part of it that is just another skirmish mini game, but the rpg elements, the mood, the world map, the story elements etc makes for a superb expeience that has the potential to go far beyong the boardgame, to a place where no boardgame went before. I will back it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefacus wrote:
There is a part of it that is just another skirmish mini game, but the rpg elements, the mood, the world map, the story elements etc makes for a superb expeience that has the potential to go far beyong the boardgame, to a place where no boardgame went before. I will back it.

Yes I like the theme and setting a lot too, also the ghost form stuff and the fact that you are travelling around with road encounters and such!!

That said, it is still a bit unsure without access to the rules. We basically have no idea how the game is set up and how it plays from A-Z. It can be just average, gameplay wise, or really excellent. We basically just don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some 3rd party review videos that help, but still would be best to have the complete rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vathelos El Ciego
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefacus wrote:

I totally agree. Moreover, for me rpg elements+mood+world map+story = I will back it. However I would like to see the rules for having a better idea of the game weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hayden (GBG)
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note, we will have a preview of the beta rule book before the end of the campaign. Please keep in mind that the preview may require further optimization, proofreading, and may see changes. However, we will be presenting it for your reading pleasure. We are just putting some final touches on it before it is ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
Dakcenturi wrote:
Just a quick note, we will have a preview of the beta rule book before the end of the campaign. Please keep in mind that the preview may require further optimization, proofreading, and may see changes. However, we will be presenting it for your reading pleasure. We are just putting some final touches on it before it is ready.

great! hope more will jump in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.