Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch Haggman
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing a lot of solo HF lately to try and lock the rules into my head (and, hey, traversing space is fun in a math-heavy way).

I ran into a situation in my last game where my rocket was spending a few turns crawling to Pluto and my bernal was sitting beside Ceres (a dirtside) with a very full cargo bay. I'd previously prospected Eichsfeldia successfully but I couldn't get the robonaut and refinery in my bernal down to the surface until I landed my rocket on Pluto so I could create a new rocket stack.

Given that the constraint of one rocket stack exists due to a combination of component and bookkeeping limitations, has anyone toyed with allowing thrusters to ferry goods between locations provided there's enough water available at the start location and no rocket figure would be left on the board at the end of the turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The third edition allows you to land the Bernal on a site using a Bernal move if you have the thrust available to do so. You may not move a Bernal through a landing burn though, so this limits this ability to smaller sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Haggman
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm. That's a start, I suppose.

I should probably have a closer look at 3rd edition. Ugh, I'd only just gotten okay at 2nd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Haines
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Can't you just turn your current rocket into an outpost, and create a new rocket stack at your Bernal? Or have I misunderstood something here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZzzzSleep wrote:
Can't you just turn your current rocket into an outpost, and create a new rocket stack at your Bernal? Or have I misunderstood something here?

I'm a little fuzzy on the rules for that, but that's how I would want to do it: move my rocket, change it into an outpost, then create a new rocket stack, move it and change it to an outpost. Part of me wants to think that's legal (as long as the same card doesn't move more than once), but it also seems like it's a too-convenient way to have two rocket stacks, so it's probably against the rules (?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't make two rocket moves in one turn, otherwise yeah, you can do that over multiple turns. You might lose some fuel on your rocket though when converting into fungible fuel tanks, unless you have a whole number of tanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.