GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,483 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Alice Leong
Singapore
singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game play

The game consists of 5 rounds, in each round players have a hand of 5 cards, which are played over 5 turns, for a total of 25 turns over the course of a game.

On a players’ turn they pick a card from their hand.

1…2…3….GO! and the players place their chosen card in front of any player (including themselves).

Each player then flips and aggregates the cards in front of them, and proceeds to move their token based on the totaled number.
At the end of each round the tokens that are second in place score points based on their location on the track.

What I liked:

1.Your table will be shouting and sighing as they rush to sabotage each other or even themselves. This is definitely a boisterous game.

2.Who knew coming in second would be harder than coming in first? This quirky concept is sure to pose a challenge and revelation to all players of this game.

What I disliked:

1.5 rounds is too long. By the third round the game was getting old, and honestly no one was recording scores. You would not be missing out on much of the fun of game by reducing the game to 3 rounds.

2.The chaos. I understand that chaos contributes to the fun factor of this game, however, the chaos makes your first 4 turns feel ineffectual and making the result too dependent on the last card played per round.

Overall rating 5/10

“My cards, my beautiful cards!” 6 people rushing to place cards in front of each other, resulted in a lot of mid air card collisions, my cards were all bent out of shape. Prepare yourself to perform emergency card straightening services mid way through the game.

Despite, my constant monitoring of card health, I found that the game provided a high level of brainless fun.

However, I would advise that you keep this strictly as light weight filler. Also, shorten the number of rounds played for the sake of your cards’ health and your players’ attention span. Not everyone likes to come in second all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliceleong wrote:
5 rounds is too long. By the third round the game was getting old, and honestly no one was recording scores. You would not be missing out on much of the fun of game by reducing the game to 3 rounds.

If you did not record the scores, then 5 rounds might be too long. But if you did not record the scores, then you did not experience all aspects of the game!

One very important thing is that at the end of the game, the player with the second most points is the winner. That means, after the first 2 or 3 rounds, the players will have different goals for the remaining rounds. And it also means, the rounds 4 and 5 feel different from the first 3 rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliceleong wrote:

“My cards, my beautiful cards!” 6 people rushing to place cards in front of each other, resulted in a lot of mid air card collisions, my cards were all bent out of shape. Prepare yourself to perform emergency card straightening services mid way through the game.

Played yesterday with 5 people - we decided that we would put our colour cards near the centre of the table, and play cards on that, seemed a bit less chaotic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Leong
Singapore
singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
aliceleong wrote:
5 rounds is too long. By the third round the game was getting old, and honestly no one was recording scores. You would not be missing out on much of the fun of game by reducing the game to 3 rounds.

If you did not record the scores, then 5 rounds might be too long. But if you did not record the scores, then you did not experience all aspects of the game!

One very important thing is that at the end of the game, the player with the second most points is the winner. That means, after the first 2 or 3 rounds, the players will have different goals for the remaining rounds. And it also means, the rounds 4 and 5 feel different from the first 3 rounds.

I did record the scores in my play, however, once players reached the top, they seemed to be sticky. Even if players played cards on themselves, other players seemed to play cards to counteract their back tracking cards.

It may just be due to the personalities of my gaming group, but I could see some of the players getting bored of not getting any points after 3 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
aliceleong wrote:

What I disliked:

1.5 rounds is too long. By the third round the game was getting old, and honestly no one was recording scores. You would not be missing out on much of the fun of game by reducing the game to 3 rounds.

This would cripple the game.

Quote:
2.The chaos. I understand that chaos contributes to the fun factor of this game, however, the chaos makes your first 4 turns feel ineffectual and making the result too dependent on the last card played per round.

I'm really not convince we were playing the same game that you are describing here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
aliceleong wrote:
Thygra wrote:
aliceleong wrote:

I did record the scores in my play, however, once players reached the top, they seemed to be sticky. Even if players played cards on themselves, other players seemed to play cards to counteract their back tracking cards.

It may just be due to the personalities of my gaming group, but I could see some of the players getting bored of not getting any points after 3 rounds.

if the scores were 0-0-2-3-7 after 2 rounds, the people with 0 are still in great position to win the game (by getting second). What do you even mean that once players reached the top they seemed to be sticky?

Are you not resetting everyone to 0 between rounds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.