BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: The Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
So I have the base game and noticed that getting adventure packs for this game is a mission in itself. There is hardly any shops that stock them and if they do it's random remains of different cycles like Garage Sale find.

Is this game worth investing $ into getting the adventure packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely.

Book depository have good prices and free worldwide delivery and tend to have stock the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
F├╝rth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend getting a deluxe expansion first because it offers more for your money and you can decide afterwards if the small adventure packs would serve your needs.

If you play just casually then you can live without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XTrueFinale wrote:
So I have the base game and noticed that getting adventure packs for this game is a mission in itself.

They get reprinted regularily.

On the plus side, the reprints include errata and other changes.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Maunder
Wales
Newcastle Emlyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend having a look at https://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com/. They have all sorts of good info on this game from deckbuilding advice to a beginners buying guide which they rate some of the packs and suggest why you should get them first. This may help you narrow down your search to certain packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.