Patrick Hanley
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Read the article here:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/551810.html

I can't say I'm surprised. These clowns claimed that they were going to open a plant, hire 1500 workers, AND build housing for the employees all in a town with only 2000 residents. Who did they think they were kidding?

Has anybody here played any of their games? Judging from their website all their games seem to be just one game re-themed for different sports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never even HEARD of them or their games!

Incidentally, I'd like to offer ALL of you jobs at my new game company, OGMA GAMES INTERNATIONAL! I'm in the process of constructing the facility on Fiji and I'm hoping to employ 73,000 employees (and provide housing for all) in order to produce my new game "WATCH THE PAINT DRY" designed by none other than legendary game designer Phil McCracken!

Anyone interested? Anyone???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jones
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's weird. On what planet would any new board game company need 1500 employees? Sounds like either a scam artist or someone totally out of touch with reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
sounds like a stock market scam to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogma wrote:
I've never even HEARD of them or their games!

Incidentally, I'd like to offer ALL of you jobs at my new game company, OGMA GAMES INTERNATIONAL! I'm in the process of constructing the facility on Fiji and I'm hoping to employ 73,000 employees (and provide housing for all) in order to produce my new game "WATCH THE PAINT DRY" designed by none other than legendary game designer Phil McCracken!

Anyone interested? Anyone???

I'd back the designer up on that; what a team we'd make.

Sincerely,

Ben Doon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
quardlepleen wrote:
These clowns claimed that they were going to open a plant, hire 1500 workers, AND build housing for the employees all in a town with only 2000 residents. :what: Who did they think they were kidding?

They were kidding the people who invested in the company.

I have some sympathy for anyone who lost money in this scheme, but not much. Anyone who did not hear the screeching warning bells going off had to be willfully naive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.