Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DIMITRIOS KANOS
Greece
ALEXANDROUPOLI
EVROS
flag msg tools
mbmb
I read that the game can be played cooperatively giving the feeling of an RPG. I 've checked the homepage and I have seen that the game has metal miniatures for the heroes, but it hasn't been released till now. I 've tried to send an email to ask any information about the releasing date, but I always fail to send the messages. Does anyone know any informations about the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The overall mechanics, heroes, monsters, rulebook, game board and design in general is complete. I could technically self-publish the game right now. However, the cost behind the folding game board and miniatures is excessive. As a self-publisher I hand make each game and Legends of Syrrith (LoS) is awfully expensive to create on my own.

That however is only half of the problem. I am unhappy with how the overall mechanics are flowing. As the game stands, without modifications, its strictly hack and slash with some Quest cards and dungeons thrown in. I think the game excels in bringing the feeling of creating a party of adventurers and henchmen together but the game is missing something. It is disappointing that I spent so much effort on this game and now all I want to do is work on the Shadow Wars (SW) expansion or my new Sci-Fi wargame. On the plus side, I am using some of the artwork for the various monsters in the SW expansion. I would eventually like to come back and revisit the mechanics behind LoS but for right now I'm burnt out. I initially wanted LoS to be a hero expansion for SW. I couldnt find a way to do it seamlessly so I continued with LoS as a stand alone game. If I were able to incorporate some generic hero rules into the SW expansion then its very possible that portions of LoS will find its way in the new SW expansion. That would in my opinion give the SW expansion a lot of bang for the buck per say.

Don Lloyd
www.knightworks.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.