GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,220 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Golden Ages» Forums » General

Subject: Seeking info from owners of the Stronghold Games edition of the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all of your cards linen finish? (Particularly buildings)

Do your wooden components look like the top set or bottom set?

Are your player boards card stock or thick cardboard?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Loblaw
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Stronghold edition.

- All cards are linen finish.

- Wooden components look like the top (black) set.

- Player boards are card stock. Tiles that go on them are thick cardboard.

Player boards are the only thing i would quibble about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, should I sell my quined base game to get the stronghold base game or sell my quined base game and stronghold expansion? That is the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi Ferrini
Italy
Castagneto Carducci
Livorno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
Hmm, should I sell my quined base game to get the stronghold base game or sell my quined base game and stronghold expansion? That is the question.

The answer depends on the answer to another question: do you want to play this game or not? :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:

Or just keep both. Does the difference of the wooden pieces really bother you? The cards are only shuffeld once in the whole game and after that are lying face up on the table and if you sleeve it, the linen finish doesn't matter. I would keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Does the difference of the wooden pieces really bother you? The cards are only shuffeld once in the whole game and after that are lying face up on the table and if you sleeve it, the linen finish doesn't matter. I would keep it.

The player components aren't the biggest deal for me since I don't anticipate playing with 5 very often, if at all. The card quality is more of the issue. I guess I could get opaque backed sleeves, but between having to buy a card upgrade pack and still needing sleeves is pretty annoying. I would have paid an extra euro/dollar or whatever for the buildings to have matched as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.