Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own the 1st edition, and I saw that the 2nd ediiton will only be a "few small pieces of errata fixed", but the little vioce in my head that hates errors in games is already saying "Get the corrected version.".

Someone tell me the small corrections aren't worth buying a new copy of this great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce, the small corrections aren't worth buying a new copy of this great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:

Thank you. Some GG for your trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Tewksbury
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce I think you should get two new copies of this GREAT GAME and then send me your "obsolete" first edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT will publish the errata
GMT will publish the new rulebook

Unless the errata is on cards and is so egregious as to change the game play in a discernible way, it will be far cheaper to print out a new rulebook, possibly even doing so semi-professionally (ledger paper, saddle stapled) than to purchase a new full game.

Now... if the new edition has a Truman sticker...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if they'll put out an image to fix the board error that we could make a sticker out of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Any idea if they'll put out an image to fix the board error that we could make a sticker out of?

I missed this...What is the error on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only hang up (and it is a small one) is I wish the text on the cards had been more consistent. I don't have exact examples off the top of my head, but I do know we were confused about several of them in our first few plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

I missed this...What is the error on the board?

Accoridng to the errata file on GMT Churchill page:

"Change: Map Errata; European Theater, Mediterranean Front Track, under the Random Axis Reserves: *= If Arctic does not have 3+ naval supports"

I'm assuming it goes along with the rule 7.62.8 change
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to imagine the small amount of errors and inconsistencies translate into buying a second printing. However, now this is out of print, and once the supply chain dries up, you ought to be able to sell your first printing for enough to cover the purchase of the second. The catch will be waiting for GMT to reprint. On the one hand, they'd be foolish to wait too long on a hot title; on the other, several COIN games have been out of print for quite a while and won't be back till 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference with the COIN series is that there has been a constant stream of new COIN titles to satiate demand for COIN games broadly. If a person is interested in COIN generally, they've always had an alternative available. But there's no such substitute for Churchill. You also have to consider that Churchill sold out extremely fast (in about 3 months).

From what I've read, I'd expect a reprint of Churchill sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
My only hang up (and it is a small one) is I wish the text on the cards had been more consistent. I don't have exact examples off the top of my head, but I do know we were confused about several of them in our first few plays.

The second printing is the same game. I will be tightening up the wording on a number of cards to address this comment. There will be extra decks printed on a first come first serve basis, I have no idea how many.

There are a few map errata, spellings that will be altered. A couple of counters had weird spellings that I corrected that did not make it to the printer and then there are the rules clarifications/errata, that will be available for free download. Also, some Bot errata etc.

In general a final clean up, no design changes of any kind.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
kinga1965 wrote:

The second printing is the same game. I will be tightening up the wording on a number of cards to address this comment. There will be extra decks printed on a first come first serve basis, I have no idea how many.

There are a few map errata, spellings that will be altered. A couple of counters had weird spellings that I corrected that did not make it to the printer and then there are the rules clarifications/errata, that will be available for free download. Also, some Bot errata etc.

Mark

Someone mentioned maybe adding a Truman sticker. Any chance of that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
kinga1965 wrote:

Mark

There's room, we will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:

A friend of mine on holidays in New York said he’s already seen someone selling them in Chinatown but he’s unsure of the quality:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because Ronnie could see WW2 from the movie set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Parker wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

A friend of mine on holidays in New York said he’s already seen someone selling them in Chinatown but he’s unsure of the quality:

Ah! Lord Voldemort has a new face.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
[q="kinga1965"]
There are a few map errata, spellings that will be altered.

On the Asia/Pacific map, will you fix the North/South Korea temporal 'error'?

/tongue in cheek

For the OP: Do not buy 'A' copy of the 2nd printing-- you need 3 copies--

1) players copy
2) one for secondary market
3) backup to player's copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the map's "Nomohan" change to the correct "Nomonhan"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Scott
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This hasn't been reprinted with corrections yet has it? I see on the p500 it's "not there yet" or has there been a reprint and the p500 is for the 3rd edition/printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Hisoka wrote:
This hasn't been reprinted with corrections yet has it? I see on the p500 it's "not there yet" or has there been a reprint and the p500 is for the 3rd edition/printing?

No reprint yet... probably sometime in 2016, I'd speculate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Scott
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And the only real important change when this reprint happens is the line about 3+ counters in the arctic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:

On the Asia/Pacific map, will you fix the North/South Korea temporal 'error'?

Agree, this map error should be fixed... It hurts my eyes yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wardle
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't seen the map in the 2nd edition, but it seems to me the entire Asia background map is way post-WWII, including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and divided Korea. Also, Nomohon should be Nomonhan, as someone previously pointed out. I understand these problems are cosmetic, but have they been fixed, or is there a plan to use a circa 1939 map in a future edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.