Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harry arrived as King's Breakfast wound down, which meant we had eight players. We decided to break into two groups. I set up the first group to play Aladdin's Dragons.

The players who sat down for this one were Alice, Harry, Joy, and Lynnette. Alice has played it a few times before; it was new for the others. For their benefit I went through the rules and assigned some tasks (thanks, Harry, for playing "vizier" and taking care of the board setup each round). And off they went.

At this point I left to join the other game. Because of this I don't have a whole lot of information about the game. I know that they were definitely getting into the spirit of the game, because they came to me with questions every now and then that told me they were being very creative in how they played. In the game, the privilege of going first (and being first in a tie), is bid upon each turn, and I know that it was in demand, because one of the questions involved a spell impacting the bid for that privilege, and at that time the owner wasn't who started the game with it. I also know that there were occasionally some artifacts in the palace that weren't purchased, because at one point late in the game only two rooms had artifacts remaining: one had one, and the other had two.

When the game ended, and the artifacts were counted, we found that it was a very close game, with Harry and Lynnette tied with seven artifacts apiece. Alice, however, used her previous experience to her advantage, and managed to squeak by with eight artifacts, and the win. Of the opinions I heard, Harry enjoyed the game, and thought that it required a fair amount of strategy. Lynnette, on the other hand, didn't enjoy as much all the counting and calculation the game required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.