A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Good for the Gander - what plot can be copied? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitriy Melchinskiy
msg tools
mb
Hi folks,

I have some doubts about current plot card. Could you please clarify it to me, based on the next scenarios:

1. "Good for the Gander" copies "Calm Over Westeros" plot. Does it mean, that play event card now costs 2 gold?

2. "Good for the Gander" copies "Hear Me Roar" plot. Does it mean, that characters without an Intrigue icon now get -2 STR.

3. "Good for the Gander" copies "Uneasy Truce" plot. Does it mean, that in order to initiate a Military challenge, an attacker now must give the defender 4 gold tokens.

4. "Good for the Gander" copies "Valar Morghulis" plot. Does it mean, that Valar Morghulis will be played twice? If so, does it mean, that if some characters were saved during first Valar, need to be killed during the second Valar?

5. "Good for the Gander" copies "After the Mummer's Ford" / "The Breaking of Oaths" / "An Empty Throne" plot. Does it mean, that each player now may initiate two additional Military / Intrigue / Power challange?

Thanks,
Dmitriy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Gudmundsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are misunderstanding the copy action. This means that the player who plays "Good for the Gander" will have the same text on his plot card as his opponent.

So, for any card that is played, does not mean that the cost should be doubled for the player. It means that both players should do what the plot card says.

For example with Valar Morghulis, the player who played that card, will be killed, and then it will kill them again, indeed killing those who were saved in the first time around.

Another example would be with Calm over Westeros, it does not mean that it costs 2 gold. It only means that the player who played Good for the Gander also has to pay one coin to a single opponent to play an event card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
From a brief glance only Valar Morghulis as that has the when revealed text.

I could be wrong as I only have the base game and it's been a while
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Melchinskiy
msg tools
mb
Guys, thank you for your quick feedback!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
32vini2 wrote:

This! Only "When Revealed" abilities are copied - nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Melchinskiy
msg tools
mb
andy.rice@att.net wrote:
32vini2 wrote:

This! Only "When Revealed" abilities are copied - nothing else.

And what about the next situation: I copy "Valar Morghulis" (so we kill all characters in play twice). After this I play event

my opponent reveals new Plot card, which has "When Revealed" text. Can I copy it? or if I did it previously, I can't to it now, even if the previous plot card is not in play anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for the Gander has "When Revealed". If you reveal it, copy Valar, then play Lords of the Narrow Sea, it is no longer "When Revealed" -- it is now "Sometime After Being Revealed", which doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
melich wrote:
my opponent reveals new Plot card, which has "When Revealed" text. Can I copy it? or if I did it previously, I can't to it now, even if the previous plot card is not in play anymore...

No. The timing doesn't allow it.

The framework goes:
* Players choose and reveal plot cards
* Initiative is counted
* High initiative player chooses First Player
* "When Revealed" plot actions resolve in order determined by First Player
= Action window - players may now play actions.

The first time you can play Lords of the Narrow Sea is in the action window after all the "When Revealed" abilities have resolved. By then, your Good for the Gander "when revealed" ability has finished resolving. It does not trigger again.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Melchinskiy
msg tools
mb
I would like to say "thanks" for all of you one more time for your clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.