Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed the 1st edition but wondering how the 2nd edition plays with the full 6 players? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ferrell
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm also interested in this because the original only went up to 5. I'm bringing it to my game group on Saturday, so if I get a group of 6, I'll let you know how it plays. That said, I would think that if you like chaos in a game, 6 probably would add a bit more. It would definitely produce more tension as you have one more player vying for resources in the different zones. I haven't played it yet, but that's just what I gather from looking at the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
I!think this game is at its best with 5, and plays really well with 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Paul
Germany
Offenburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:

so... everything besides 5 is bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphir wrote:
faidutti wrote:

While the amazing Mr. Faidutti's answer might not have been the most enlightening, don't troll in him. Just because something is best at 1 count does not mean it is bad at all others. That's one of the most insincere readings of a statement I've seen in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Paul
Germany
Offenburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
epilepticemu wrote:
Zaphir wrote:
faidutti wrote:

While the amazing Mr. Faidutti's answer might not have been the most enlightening, don't troll in him. Just because something is best at 1 count does not mean it is bad at all others. That's one of the most insincere readings of a statement I've seen in a while.

Yeah, i guess so. Was a bit trolling. I guess he last number should be a 6
as in " and plays really well with 6."

I hope it's still good with 3 and 4, as i preordered the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphir wrote:
epilepticemu wrote:
Zaphir wrote:
faidutti wrote:

Yeah, i guess so. Was a bit trolling. I guess he last number should be a 6
as in " and plays really well with 6."

It was just delivered yesterday but I haven't had a chance to play it. Afte reading the rules, I actually think 3 & 4 might player slightly better than 5 or 6. It seems that to play tactically, you have to predict what cards others are playing to get the timing right. Which would be much easier to do at lower player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Crooooow!"
badge
“Look at me! I’m dancin’! I’m dancin’!” (Claptrap)
mbmbmbmbmb
epilepticemu wrote:
Zaphir wrote:

It was just delivered yesterday but I haven't had a chance to play it. Afte reading the rules, I actually think 3 & 4 might player slightly better than 5 or 6. It seems that to play tactically, you have to predict what cards others are playing to get the timing right. Which would be much easier to do at lower player counts.

The sweet spot for the Asmodée edition (which plays almost identically) is four or five players. The second edition hasn't arrived in my mailbox yet, but I, too, am eager to see how it performs with both two and six (neither of which were doable in the original).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hoersch
msg tools
mb
Our game group just played this last night with 6 and everyone agreed that it played very well and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. None of us played the fist edition so I cannot compare but I felt the pace wasn't suffering as can be the case in most 6player games.

Big thumbs up from us, fwiw. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Mauser
United States
Winona
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Agreed, plays just fine with 6, but the board gets REALLY crowded by the end. Lots of potential for majority shifts as the soldiers and explorers come out in the last round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie Rostollan
United States
Auburn
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing this game with more players, up to and including 6. Yes, the board gets really crowded by the end, but that ups the fun factor because you never know until the end who wins!

This is a great game, rapidly climbing my hit parade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
instinctive
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
First time play last night, six players from 11yo up. This was a big success, with lots of table talk. Some AP at the end, but with six Discovery Cards down and multiple hidden events it's impossible to plan it out.

Two variants I can think of based on this one play (ha ha, yes, more plays needed!):

(1) Hidden resource tokens. Kind of a pain just from a tabletop point of view, but AP-reducing.

(2) Change the OR to an AND for the Scientist. I'm wondering whether this was playtested?

Fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.