GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,724 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Onslaught 2 vs. Retail release plans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any info on when (or if) the original set items are planned to release to stores? Will they be coming out soon, or will we need wait until the Onslaught 2 KS fulfills to go buy them?

I'm fine with addings things onto the KS, but if they are hitting retail soon I'd probably go buy them sooner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that one of the goals of of Onslaught 2 was to create enough operating capital to produce copies of the original expansions for retail. The issue being that all of the original money was eaten up by extra shipping costs for original backers.

If that's the case, then I wouldn't expect to see the expansions in the retail stores anytime soon. You might be better off just joining in on the kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Onslaught 2 is started to enable them to put them into retail. They will only go to retail at onslaught 2 fulfillment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
No CW expansions will hit stores before they hit Onslaught Two backers' hands.

So, here's the order of events:

A) original backers get their stuff this November
B) 02 backers get their stuff next year
C) retail FINALLY gets CW expansions late next year

The 1500 copies of the core game represent basically the last stock of core games in print as well (give or take maybe 100, but that's it). When they are gone, core games won't even be available in stores until we do a reprinting. We're cornering the market, bwahahahahahaha. devil

I'm really trying to push to have a retail release of the expansions at GenCon next summer, which would require backers to get it before then. I doubt I'll succeed, but there's a chance, given that layout for the new expansions has begun, and there's a LOT less to tool this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
No CW expansions will hit stores before they hit Onslaught Two backers' hands.

So, here's the order of events:

A) original backers get their stuff this November
B) 02 backers get their stuff next year
C) retail FINALLY gets CW expansions late next year

The 1500 copies of the core game represent basically the last stock of core games in print as well (give or take maybe 100, but that's it). When they are gone, core games won't even be available in stores until we do a reprinting. We're cornering the market, bwahahahahahaha. devil

I'm really trying to push to have a retail release of the expansions at GenCon next summer, which would require backers to get it before then. I doubt I'll succeed, but there's a chance, given that layout for the new expansions has begun, and there's a LOT less to tool this time.

A GenCon splash for the expansions would be very cool. I know the timing has been frustratingly off so far and the big GenCon reveal has been elusive. Considering how well the game has done anyway, I have to imagine that the new content would make a big splash if you let players tinker with the expansions bit and release a slow trickle of impressions here on BGG as with many other successful titles. I hope you get your wish!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What changes are planned for the second printing of CW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone backs the original expansions in the O2 ks... will they be sent to the backer after the ks is closed? Or just next year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Merlo
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mestre dos Magos wrote:
If someone backs the original expansions in the O2 ks... will they be sent to the backer after the ks is closed? Or just next year?

Even if the old expansions are ready to be produced (no tooling required) they will not be available too soon, as actual production requires money, and that money will only be capitalized once KS has been completed. So basically: 1. Core game ships as soon as KS ends 2. All expansions ship once they're (all) ready

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see an alternate backer level to receive a 2nd run core game instead of a first run copy. Right now the only option for those without the core game is to either hunt down one of the handful of copies left in stores or pledge for one of the copies that are left in the US, with the associated taxes/postage costs for us overseas backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.