Popular Tags: [View All]
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Chile
flag msg tools
Lucha y fiesta
badge
Ni corto ni perezoso
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to fly over Cthulhu eldritch tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: charter asset?
hmm... this could be an example for "rules beat theme"...
imho: you still become delayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a case like this I would check the wording on the charter and the GOO card. If both refer to "moving" or "travelling" or whatever, I'd say you are delayed.

EDIT: There are quite a few thematic reasons why you can't fly across a designated range of open sea. Especially in the 1920s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qutu wrote:
I am More into theme beats rule...

Hey, it's your game
But I guess you came here for rule advise, and I think there is no "flying" in this game (except for the charter flight from the expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I would play this, I would allow using the charter flight to move via a sea space with a token to another space, but if you use it to move to a space with a token you still lose the sanity and lose all remaining actions.

Thematically, you can fly over the token but if you land on the token you still get stuck in the tentacles!

Chartered flight is not a very powerful asset so I don't think the above would break the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthulhu's eldritch tokens represent something strange happening in the area. This could include stormy seas, high winds and storm clouds.

From a quick search on Google, aircraft of the time period didn't fly above the altitude of high altitude storm systems. Just a quick bit of research; I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
The way I would play this, I would allow using the charter flight to move via a sea space with a token to another space, but if you use it to move to a space with a token you still lose the sanity and lose all remaining actions.

Thematically, you can fly over the token but if you land on the token you still get stuck in the tentacles!

Chartered flight is not a very powerful asset so I don't think the above would break the game.

I totally agree. You lose sanity and become delayed if you move ONTO a space containing an eldritch token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TeppicamonXXVIII wrote:
nobody82b wrote:

I totally agree. You lose sanity and become delayed if you move ONTO a space containing an eldritch token.

However, when you move "up to 2 spaces", you move ONTO the first one and then ONTO the second one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.