GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,300 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

The Gallerist» Forums » General

Subject: Another endorsement of the component quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished punching The Gallerist and I am 100% blown away by the quality of the components in this game. It has been said elsewhere, but it needs to be repeated. This game has to be seen (and felt) to be believed. The tiles are the thickest I've seen, the card finish, the weight of the box, the insert design, the easels, and on and on. Vital and EGG obviously set out to make the game itself a work of art and succeeded on every level.

As I punched everything, years of warped cardboard, tearing paper, missing components, paper thin player boards, miscut counters, collapsed box lids, dime store inserts, and cheap thin cards went flashing through my mind. I feel like someone who has been eating tofu for years and just took a bite of steak.

This is a showpiece game, and I applaud the publisher and designer for bringing a game of this quality to the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
On behalf of Vital and myself, thank you Brian.
Rick Soued, CEO, Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I'm even more anxious to get my copy (just a week or two more per the last KS update), and experience the feelings you describe for myself.

What will make even more special for me is the fact that the art pieces in the game was submitted by one of my nephews, and he'll be getting a copy as thanks for his accepted submission.

Thanks Vital Lacerda and Eagle-Gryphon Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnpusher wrote:
What will make even more special for me is the fact that the art pieces in the game was submitted by one of my nephews, and he'll be getting a copy as thanks for his accepted submission.

Very cool - do you know what specific piece your nephew did (just curious)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
pawnpusher wrote:

Very cool - do you know what specific piece your nephew did (just curious)?

Thanks. He showed me an image of it on his phone, but I have yet to see it in an of the images in the game's gallery on BGG. However, I did see his name, Raef Payne, in the list of contributing artists in the rulebook, and after looking in the rulebook again, I think it is the digital art shown in the curator card scoring example at the bottom right of page 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
I told you guys, the production of this game is really awesome, I was very happy with the result.
With this game EGG is placing the bar really high in a new standard for games exclusively though and produced for gamers and game collectors. I know they will keep on this track with their next games.
Thank you Rick for the great job in The Gallerist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, this can't get here soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree. I was blown away by the quality. Has to be the thickest card in any game in my modest 100 odd collection. Truely a work of art in itself. Even the box! Totally impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully, even with this amazing level of quality, it's still hitting store shelves at the equivalent of US$56.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy bejesus! The production quality of this game is ridiculous! I've never seen a game with cardboard this thick.

For a game about art... the game might just be the best work of art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
I just finished punching The Gallerist and I am 100% blown away by the quality of the components in this game. It has been said elsewhere, but it needs to be repeated. This game has to be seen (and felt) to be believed. The tiles are the thickest I've seen, the card finish, the weight of the box, the insert design, the easels, and on and on. Vital and EGG obviously set out to make the game itself a work of art and succeeded on every level.

As I punched everything, years of warped cardboard, tearing paper, missing components, paper thin player boards, miscut counters, collapsed box lids, dime store inserts, and cheap thin cards went flashing through my mind. I feel like someone who has been eating tofu for years and just took a bite of steak.

This is a showpiece game, and I applaud the publisher and designer for bringing a game of this quality to the market.

Couldn't have said it any better myself sir. You hit the mark on all points. I had to take the whole game over to my disinterested wife to show her the awesomeness.

I immediately put it in a prominent spot on my game shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
Australia
Chisholm
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree! Amazing production. Just amazing. Easily the best produced game on my shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.