Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the prototype rulebook posted recently:

Quote:
When it’s a player’s turn, they will do four things...

Quote:
Collect Bones
Any bones in the meeple’s dig site will be added to their pile. The dig site is the space the player’s meeple is standing in. This will not happen the first turn of each round.

I get that this is a prototype rulebook, so I don't expect everything to be perfect, but I am left a little confused. What is the definintion of a turn in this game? are there multiple turns per round, as indicated by the second quote? If so, how many? If not, wont the players end up having restrictively short turns making only one move, taking one action, repeating twice and being done?

I must be missing something here, but I can't tell what it would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player will get three turns in a round. Each turn consists of a Collecting Bones (if any) in their existing space, a Move, a adjustment to the Museum, and then an Action.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott! Shortly after posting, I found the answer on one of the reviewers summaries, but it's great to have confirmation from you! I am teetering on the fence with this one. My oldest son has always loved dinosaurs, and living under an hour from the Royal Tyrell museum has been great to foster that, but he is is getting to the age where it needs to be a bit more than just WooT! d1n0s!! to be interesting, and something with some teeth might be just the thing. I've already picked up TEK and Harbour, and I am eagerly waiting for Best Treehouse Ever to arrive, so I know how good your games can be. Come to think of it, I'm starting to run out of reasons not to back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game certainly has teeth, too, so I hope to see you over in the campaign

If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a shout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.