Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a source of plastic Fantasy miniatures. I'm interested mostly in heroes (not orcs and monsters, at least for this project), particularly knights and magic users. Some sort of generic adventurer would also be welcome, but I can get those from a copy of Cave Troll if necessary. The main problem is that they must be small, about 18mm or less. I have lots of stuff from two Reaper Bones kickstarters, but this D&D scale is too big for my game. I don't require high quality (some toy would be fine) or variety, and in fact I prefer that heroes of a given class are all identical. But they have to be in plastic (not metal) and not very expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some kickstarter not to long ago that had super small minis but I don't remember the name.

Here it is, do a search on KS for 'Dungeon Forge - In my pocket'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are nice, but there are only two miniatures (mage and warlock) that I could use, in the whole set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kennedy

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not plastic, but take a look at these...
http://www.meeplesource.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kensboro wrote:
Not plastic, (...)

And certainly not miniatures, either. But thanks, anyway! It seems that finding what I want will be harder than I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Have you "checked into" any of the 15mm range of miniatures manufacturers for these? Best regards on that, and this as well then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is quite a hard find, the problem is most miniatures are either historical, metal, too large a size or just awful miniatures.

However I did find some relatively nice 1:72 (18-20mm) plastic fantasy figures by a company I hadn't heard of before. They go for around £10 a box or more I think and they also do other fantasy ranges of the usual such as Orcs, Goblins, Skeletons , Elves and Dwarves.

Caesar Miniatures - F104 Adventurers

http://www.miniknight.com/caesar.htm

Not sure where you can find them for sale but they are still in production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Have you "checked into" any of the 15mm range of miniatures manufacturers for these?

I'm not very familiar with the miniatures hobby and my Google-fu is failing me.

arthurcucumber wrote:
However I did find some relatively nice 1:72 (18-20mm) plastic fantasy figures by a company I hadn't heard of before.

I have stumbled upon them before. They look good, and they even include some generic adventurers, but isn't 1:72 the same as 28mm? The pictures you posted show they are definitely taller than 20mm. Also, this would be a little expensive, considering the number of boxes I would need. And doesn't the box say "random figures"? That's a bit of a turn-off. But I appreciate the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been using the figs from BattleLore (Second Edition) in our D&D 5E campaign when we're going up against a slew of lesser enemies. Not sure how many you're looking for, though, so this still might not be a cost-effective option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How tall are LotR Risk armies? My copy is packed away in a box somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The miniatures in Battlelore and Risk: LotR are in good size, but the models don't fit my needs. No wizards in either, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would halfling or gnome minis from Reaper work? Or are those too large still?

Reaper also has goblin and kobold warriors and magic users, if the models don't have to be human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how about the minis in Dungeons & Dragons: Conquest of Nerath Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Try searching with "figurines" instead of figures or miniatures...

Sometimes this pops up more "retail" options when googling...

Before it you can try "mage", D&D, fantasy, etc...

Check both the websites and images that pop up...

I can't give specifics as I'm not sure what you aim is but I have found that using figurine sometimes gets some different options for buying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
Would halfling or gnome minis from Reaper work? Or are those too large still?

Reaper also has goblin and kobold warriors and magic users, if the models don't have to be human.

They have to be human. I'm not sure halflings or gnomes would work, but I don't remember any halfling/gnome knight in the Bones line.

dekedagger wrote:

I own the game and had checked the miniatures. The mages are great, and I probably could use some horsemen (humans and Elves) as knights, but again, no generic adventurers. Besides, I would have to paint the miniatures in different colors, as the units are not the same for each army, and the game is too expensive to be ruined for this purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambersilk wrote:
Try searching with "figurines" instead of figures or miniatures...

I have done that, but I will give it another go.

Quote:
I can't give specifics as I'm not sure what you aim is

I'm trying to replace the pawns in my personal prototype of my game Kingdom of Heroes (image below). I need 3 mages, 4 knights and 10 adventurers in each of four player colors (I can paint them if necessary), plus a neutral wizard and a female knight. That's a total of 70 miniatures, so it would be better if they were cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the best search string will be '15mm fantasy miniatures.'

Here's a good collection of 15mm fantasy minis ranges:
https://sites.google.com/site/15mmfantasy/15mmfantasyranges

And here's the one I would probably go with if I understand your requirements correctly:

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/15ducr.html

Hope that's some help.

EDIT: Whoops, I saw the 15mm requirement, but missed the plastic-only requirement. Sorry about that GSReis. Nearly everything I am aware of in 15mm is in fact metal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Check them out some then: Mantic Minis cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantic's stuff, while nice, is all 28mm 'heroic' scale, a la Warhammer; this seems to be too big for the OP's purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran across this link for 15mm figures;
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently looked into this, as I was searching for hero figures to replace the standees in Albion's Legacy. I ended up buying a bunch of individual D&D minis from Troll and Toad; most were in the $2-4 range. They are 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.