GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,838 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Tiago Elias
Brazil
Presidente Prudente
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the expansion box, would it fit? I'm planing on getting it the game and the expansions at once, but would only be able to get shipping space for one of the boxes.
For space purposes, consider both games brand new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy isn't here yet, but I'm 90% sure it will all fit together with the box insert, and 99% sure it will all fit without the insert.

Also, The Broken Token sells a box insert (for the original box) that specifically claims that the expansion fits as well, and I'd trust them.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might even be able to fit the whole expansion box inside the base game box if you remove the original insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Vidalis
Greece
Athens, Ilioupoli - Αθήνα, Ηλιούπολη
Attiki, Greece - Αττική, Ελλάδα
flag msg tools
Come and play with us!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They fit together.
I have it with expansion and i throw away the expansion box and everything fits in the basic box with an extra plastic box to separate the dice and without remove the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
My expansion box will be jettisoned as soon as I get it emptied and take a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have my game waiting for my expansion to arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
from the content of this expansion, I see no reason what so ever that would prevent you from storing the content in the originial game box. These are basically a few tiles and some dices.

In fact, if future expansion are similar, I could see you being able to keep 5 or more expansion in the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With a bit of puzzle skills you can fit them all in the expansion box.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McLaughlin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The shields are longer than the expansion box, so I wonder how you are storing them there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Guibs wrote:
In fact, if future expansion are similar, I could see you being able to keep 5 or more expansion in the original box.

I think you are underestimating the number of tiles (46, 14 of them double-sized and 20 of them 1.5x sized) in this expansion and the volume they take up. Ambition has 10x sheets of cardboard in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shteevie wrote:
The shields are longer than the expansion box, so I wonder how you are storing them there?

what shields? if you mean the screens, they fit in the bottom, the only thing that I had to fold was the basic game rulebook.

Before the ambition I stored the basic game in the basic box of race for the galaxy so now that it has the same size I fit them in and it's easier to carry around..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leopatra
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is perfect can you share what inserts exactly you have there to replicate this with my families copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been keeping my copy of Roll in a Race box for some time (chiefly because I've had to really restrict the size of games that I could carry while I was reliant on crutches for a few months).

It was always going to be a tight fit to get Roll PLUS Ambition in a Race-sized box, but I can confirm that it does all fit. So I've decanted it from the Race box into the Ambition box (because carrying around a box labelled "Race" was confusing for some people). And the Ambition box is a TINY bit bigger.

One thing you have to do is to take the tiles out of the bag.

I think I might make up an inlay to help store the tiles (and speed dumping them into the bag when setting up). But it will have to be made from 1mm cardboard; there's no room left in the box to make something out of 5mm foam core!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:

I think you are underestimating the number of tiles (46, 14 of them double-sized and 20 of them 1.5x sized) in this expansion and the volume they take up. Ambition has 10x sheets of cardboard in it.

I was pleasantly surprised at the "heft" of the expansion box. Those are ten sheets of THICK cardboard.

Lots of orange dice, though, and I don't remember seeing any bag tiles with orange dice on them. In our one game of Ambition so far, by chance everyone drew a starting planet and faction that came from the base game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.