Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
I received a couple of rules clarifications from co-designer Sébastien Pauchon:

End of the Round
When the final player in the round is drawing cards, he draws them one by one and adds them to his collection, optionally activating the special animal abilities as long as he meets the right condition (i.e., already having one animal of the same type).

If his fifth card is a prankster (and he already has a prankster), he can throw away a card and draw another one.

If his fifth card is a thief (and he already has a thief), he can steal as usual. The stolen card is discarded (since his collection is now full), and the player who was stolen from has to draw a new fifth card for his own collection.

Two-player best-of-show awards
You look at each of the four collections separately. If a player wins first AND second place, he takes 2 cards and the opponent gets zilch. If a player is first and the other one second, the first takes 2 cards and the second only 1, as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrari
Italy
Bagnolo Cremasco
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henry Rhombus wrote:

You look at each of the four collections separately. If a player wins first AND second place, he takes 2 cards and the opponent gets zilch. If a player is first and the other one second, the first takes 2 cards and the second only 1, as usual.

This was also one of my doubts. We played differently, because the rules say that the points are calculated per collection and (italian rules) add that the bonus cards must be assigned to a collection, not to a player. I'll take into account this explanation by Sebastien. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrari
Italy
Bagnolo Cremasco
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henry Rhombus wrote:

In spite of the two collections, if a player receives 2 cards, is he free to decide whether to use both of them for one collection or to use one for a collection and the other for the second collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first 2-player game we played, the same problem appeared. Player one had both first and second best in show. So we played according to the rulebook, player one got 2 cards for his first collection and one for his second.

The cards he didn't use on that turn remained face down to mark the two collections. So the cards could still only be used for the collection he built next to it, not both.

This seemed quite complicated, and we felt we missed something here.

With the "clarified" rules above, it seems obvious that if a player is both first and second best in show, and he only receives 2 cards, he can use them to improve the collections of his choice or keep them to improve any collection he builds later in the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane H
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add to the mix and excitement laugh, with my first 2 player games we just added up all the elegance points from each players two sets (10 cards), so one player always got 2 cards, the other 1. For simplicity, I think I will keep it that way. Plus, I play with my kids and I would rather they get at least one extra card than none. Keeps the "no fair" chatter down, although they are good sports either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.