Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Smith
United Kingdom
SKIPTON
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello all,

I am moving to a new area in the next couple of months and although I have done some research looks like there are no groups in the area, board game shop has a stay late night once a week but generally much younger folk.

I am thinking of starting up a group.

I potentially have a good building to use in the town (no cost), comfortable, lots of tables etc. AV equipment as well if needed and a kitchen.

But I am not a big visitor to groups currently, the nearest ones to me are a bit of a drive and I have young kids!

So looking to the BGG community, what would you want if you rocked up at a gaming group for the first time? its not going to be some massive game con but easily space for about 6-8 large gaming tables.

Cheers

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good games and good people. That's all you need. Just get the word out via local shops, social media, MeetUp, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Fabbi
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Proud member of the Cult of the New.
badge
The King of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if they are a younger crowd I advise going to the local game store and attending the game night regularly for a while. Plug into the community. Make some friends, branch out then start getting people together at your place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gage
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Good advice already -- I particularly like Asaf's idea, which might help you find some partners to help you get this going.

Think about who you'd like to have in this group and at these events -- families, or gaming enthusiasts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.