Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: recommendations [+] [View All]
Joe West
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am looking for a good dungeon crawl game for 4 players and I need your help!

The game has to be available through normal commercial channels (not eBay). Preferably 1-3 hours of play time. Campaign play would be cool, but not necessary. I am torn on whether I want a game where one person acts as a dungeon master/monster controller or whether all four players are on the same team, so let's include both of the types in the results.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Would Doom count? or Hour of Glory? or are you after your typical fantasy dungeon crawl?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I would suggest a geeklist like: The Definitive DungeonCrawl GeekList => http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/923

Then I have to admit, that I really enjoy(ed) Dungeons & Dragons: The Fantasy Adventure Board Game. Also Doom: The Boardgame was ok. Also its successor Descent: Journeys in the Dark can be worth a look (have it, didn't play yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent is really great, I very much doubt you will be dissapointed by that one. The only negative I have is the long playing time (3+ hours), otherwise all is good!

Note that Dungeon Twister mentioned above is not really a Dungeon Crawl, more chess like.

I must say that there really does not seem to be any really good dungeon crawls out there with a shorter playing time (say, max 2 hours). If someone would manage to do this it would be a sure hit. And no, the Dungeoneer series does not really count, not the same feel as a true dungeon crawl like Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe West
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much for your advice and links!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I'm not into dungeon crawl games, but I love Dungeon Twister and I thought Dungeoneer was pretty decent the one time I tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new game out by Friedemann Friese called Formidable Foes. It looks interesting, but has gotten mixed reviews thus far. There's also Drakon (third edition) and Cave Troll from FFG. I haven't played any of them yet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I am hijacking this thread a bit here, but I was wondering if someone could compare the Dungeons & Dragons board game to Descent? I have Descent and love it, but it is really long and was hoping that the D&D board game might scratch the same itch in a shorter playing time? Anyone tried both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.