World War II: Barbarossa to Berlin» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Overlord or Roundup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pepper Page
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Which is the better invasion to play. Playing Roundup before T13 or waiting until T13 to play Overlord?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are desperate to help the Russians, it is tempting to play Roundup. But by waiting for Overlord you get a lot of advantages (I don't remember specifically but I think all reinforcements are treated as yellow events or something like that). So you can really roll over the Germans if you can afford to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
As Mike says, if you can afford to wait for Overlord then that is undoubtedly advantageous, not least because the invasion forces come in full strength (they only enter reduced for Roundup). However, the game gives you the choice of Roundup. I don't know how often Roundup is chosen as I haven't played enough to get a feel for that, but I imagine not too often unless you are desperate or an opportunity arises from complacent defence by the Axis. But the choice is there and the threat of Roundup should be enough to keep the other player guessing.

Of course, if you play the Roundup card for anything other than the event, then your opponent can relax a bit in the west until T13!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.