Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Schell
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game again recently. The other players and I seriously considered:

1. Cutting the player boards into their individual regions instead of keeping 2 boards with three regions each on them. In doing this, you can rearrange the boards in front of you to match the resolution order for that turn segment thus making it a LOT easier to plan the sequence of your card plays.

2. Forbidding the "Military Campaign" card. Almost every other card requires advanced planning but this card lets a player capture resources way too easily.

Let me know what you think.

PS- Looking forward to Scott's "Saga of the Northmen" next spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
peterschell wrote:
I played this game again recently. The other players and I seriously considered:

1. Cutting the player boards into their individual regions instead of keeping 2 boards with three regions each on them. In doing this, you can rearrange the boards in front of you to match the resolution order for that turn segment thus making it a LOT easier to plan the sequence of your card plays.

I was fine with just turning one the "wrong" direction so the regions were clearly east to west from left to right in front of me. Was easy to see which regions had cards played on them.

Quote:

2. Forbidding the "Military Campaign" card. Almost every other card requires advanced planning but this card lets a player capture resources way too easily.

It requires its own sort of planning. Have only played once so do not know if it'll end up seeming too powerful to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL BROWN
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree on cutting up the boards, as much as I hate to say cutting up game pieces haha. But they should be individual pieces.

The military campaign card is seriously over powered! I would not do away with it, but modify it. You can eliminate a power and take the resources if you are the only one left, or if its just you and the natives maybe. But for my bet I'd say you can eliminate a single power, and take the resources if you are the only one left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.