Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having only just received my copy, I haven't had a chance to play yet, but did see in some reviews that 2 concerns were playtime and variability.
So a quick variant that might work to address both issues a little...

During setup: place 1 less card for each age in the pyramid.
eg, 6 age 1 cards instead of 7, etc.

This should mean there are less cards; only 2 in the top row, making for a faster game, and also means there is always 1 card missing from each row making each game different.

Does anyone see any problems with this? Would this help both of those issues (if they are issues at all)

Looking forward to an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Di Muro
msg tools
mbmbmb
I tried this variant out today. As luck would have it, all the "steal wonder" attack cards did not make it onto the pyramid except for the nuclear sub - only problem is in a two player game you only have one space age card with this variant - so you never get to use it because the game will end immediately.

So it's a little broken. But removing all the "steal wonder" attack cards does allow a semi-pacifist version of the game for someone to learn how to run a lean economy an not waste turns on unused resources cards etc. Opponents can't steal your wonders but they can expend your resources, so you want to be sure you use them up each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.