Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 8 decks setup (granted at 42 cards each using 2 base sets) for casual grab and go play out of one box, However should I add the other 30 power tokens to allow for 6 player games? What about the gold and those other tokens?

I assume those other tokens are just used to mark things (Like Jora mormont)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have exactly the same setup as yourself, and yes I would recommend putting all the gold/power/generic tokens together, unless you will never play with more than 4 players at a time.

My reasoning is that in a 6+ player game, towards the end of the game all players will have several power tokens, and you will probably need more than you get in a single core set.

I don't know this for certain as I can't remember how many there are in 1 core set, but I should be able to answer from experience after I host a 7 player game this Saturday.

The "other" tokens that you mention (not to be mistaken for power tokens that froze to death and have returned to kill you) are 'generic' tokens. Yes, these are meant to be used every time the game references a token type that is neither gold nor power.
Jora is one example of this as you mention. Another example is the 'stand' token that you place on one of the plot cards when it is revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.