17 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Will there be a purchasable 2.0 version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sushi Kat
United Arab Emirates
flag msg tools
Hello, I was wondering since I've heard back in August on this forum that there will be a purchasable version of the 2.0 content on their website rather than the hassle of printing everything myself and missing some of the figures etc.

So I was wondering any info regarding that? is it gonna be available in the future? And how long do we have to wait? It's already end of October and all I can see around the board are people complaining about shipping and its costs from the ones who backed the game in the kickstarter phase and now they can upgrade through that KS phase, but what about the ones who just bought a physical copy of it like I did?

Should I just go ahead and reprint them myself like many have done or wait?

I have played like 3 sessions of Myth so far, and it received average to good experiences by friends, just the whole confusing rules bit makes it less appealing to teach.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sushi Kat
United Arab Emirates
flag msg tools
I see, well that's a bit of downer, thanks for confirming though, I guess it's just an endless waiting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushiz wrote:
I see, well that's a bit of downer, thanks for confirming though, I guess it's just an endless waiting game.

Its is for sure. But the game is great now. The only thing missing is a good leveling mechanic. I do not fancy the adventurer-journeyman-master stuff. This system is about buying a lot of stuff you really dont want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmb
Sushiz wrote:

You must be new... its Myth.. great game though need to wait to play it right....They are so backwords compared to many of the companies out there..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I talked to Nikki at MegaCon and she confirmed that any Myth webstore orders from MegaCon's site will ship with 2.0 content.

Note: This is for the BASE game only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
js379 wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:
I talked to Nikki at MegaCon and she confirmed that any Myth webstore orders from MegaCon's site will ship with 2.0 content.

He said he already bought a copy though, so I don't think he wants to buy a new copy just for the printed materials.

Darn speed reading! Well hopefully that nugget of information helps someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sushi Kat
United Arab Emirates
flag msg tools
No I don't want to spend another 60$ or w.e to fix their mistake or rather Quality control, but I definitely enjoy the game, and I understand all the 2.0 rules with printed materials handy on the side.

It's just that it would be less confusing for people, specifically anyone who wants to play the Brigand, anyway thanks for the info. Since she said any order will ship with the 2.0 content, doesn't that mean it's already available for purhcase? Why not just make it a seperate upgrade for the ones who got screwed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
js379 wrote:
Sushiz wrote:
No I don't want to spend another 60$ or w.e to fix their mistake or rather Quality control, but I definitely enjoy the game, and I understand all the 2.0 rules with printed materials handy on the side.

It's just that it would be less confusing for people, specifically anyone who wants to play the Brigand, anyway thanks for the info. Since she said any order will ship with the 2.0 content, doesn't that mean it's already available for purhcase? Why not just make it a seperate upgrade for the ones who got screwed?

They want to make sure their Kick starter backers get it first? As I said, its supposed to be a separate available upgrade after that, but its taking them forever to tie up that kickstarter... in other words, I guess, welcome to the ranks of thousands of discontented customers who are still waiting to get their stuff fixed, and be glad you only spent "sixty bucks or whatever". No offense intended and you are definitely welcome to complain about them here with the rest of us, just remember we are all in that same boat.

Actually, I think this is a sound business decision. We know they have some decks already, but it can't be very many of them. If that limited stock was put up for sale, they would probably be gone in a day, if that. By reserving their stock, they can send the cards with the new purchases of the game, reducing their workload from people seeking updates and reducing discontent among new adopters.

The folks most in a bind are probably those not in the JM KS and recently purchased the game before the update started coming packaged. Once the bulk shipment is available, I would expect the update to be available for regular purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny, I just emailed them and was told that their Rise of the Revenant deal DID NOT come with 2.0 materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Symphonic5 wrote:
That's funny, I just emailed them and was told that their Rise of the Revenant deal DID NOT come with 2.0 materials.

Which is why I'm not upping my pledge before Friday. I can't make a decision on what to purchase because the company can't tell me what's included or there are expansions that don't include current rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Symphonic5 wrote:

Because that content is beyond the retail box of Myth. They only have 2.0 content printed for the base game. All other content is still WIP and will come with the Journeyman delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Symphonic5 wrote:

Because that content is beyond the retail box of Myth. They only have 2.0 content printed for the base game. All other content is still WIP and will come with the Journeyman delivery.

MM, are you certain about the 2.0 Monster deal stuff (with all KS 1 stretch goal monster cards) not coming with the early shipment option? Because the 2.0 rulebook, base game card replacements, and even the extra heroes' decks are all available right now as a PnP download, I don't really see a reason for me to pay extra shipping to get anything early IF I am not going to also get the 2.0 monster deal. But if it is included, I definitely want to get it early, since I can't download it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
when i get home, i'm so tired. just roll over, please, i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an update today for the Journeyman Kickstarter backers regarding this:

"The 2.0 Myth materials contain: 1 Myth 2.0 rule book, 31 novice Hero cards for all 5 Heroes (Acolyte, Apprentice, Archer, Brigand, Soldier; 155 total cards), 31 updated base game quest cards, 7 updated monster cards (Grubber, Muckers, Crawlers, Stalkers, Terror, Yardu), 2 Avatar of Winter agent cards, 12 trap cards, 5 ally cards (Marcus, Sarah, Archeron, 2 Fathers), 30 updated white item cards, 29 updated green item cards, 23 updated blue item cards, 15 updated brown item cards."

They are closing the pledge manager tomorrow and then they will begin shipping them to KS backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those 2.0 monster cards simply do not exist yet. I'm sure they are close, but not yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.