Frédéric Meurrens
France
Wasquehal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Here are some questions after my first game :

1. Spirit card 3 & 4 "...each opponent's field" --> we agree that we speak about each field of my opponents. I found them powerful, only 3 & 4 in level spirit.

2. Spirit car 24 : Magic Harvest. Is is considered as an harvest ? and then we can use all others spirit cards speaking about "harvest" (like 21, 19 ?

3. Do we have to resolve spirit cards in the number order ? for example can we play 29 (fast growth) before 24 (magic harvest) ?

4. Spirit card 40 : Magnificent harvest. green numbers are the grey ones ?

5. Spirit Card 37 : Crafty Spirit. The term "previous" is for previous played or previous in number. If I play 38 in round 4 and then 37 in roudn 5, do I double the effect of 38 ?

Thank you :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the questions. I don't have the final game in my hands yet, but I'll do my best. Shawn (from APE Games) might be able to provide a better answer in some cases.

1. I'm pretty sure you got that right. Only works if they have a grown or planted paddy.

2. Yes, as long as the other cards have a passive effect.

3. I'm pretty sure you can do them in any order you like.

4. Man, I thought we fixed that. Yes.

5. You are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Berger
msg tools
mbmbmb
fredm wrote:
1. Spirit card 3 & 4 "...each opponent's field" --> we agree that we speak about each field of my opponents. I found them powerful, only 3 & 4 in level spirit.

Meaning they are most likely going to be played in either the first or the second turn, maybe the third turn at most but if your other spirit cards had higher number it might mean spending a lot of turns being the last player... Which could be a dangerous move if there's not a lot of water.

So, during the first couple of turn, where there aren't a lot of paddies yet, it sure is mowerfull, but it's not as devastating as it would be late-game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric Meurrens
France
Wasquehal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great !!! Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric Meurrens
France
Wasquehal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tosheros wrote:
Meaning they are most likely going to be played in either the first or the second turn, maybe the third turn at most but if your other spirit cards had higher number it might mean spending a lot of turns being the last player... Which could be a dangerous move if there's not a lot of water.

So, during the first couple of turn, where there aren't a lot of paddies yet, it sure is mowerfull, but it's not as devastating as it would be late-game.

@henri

In the rules I see : "The player whose highest card has the lowest value among those compared becomes the First Player, followed by the next-lowest and so on."

So with a level 3 or 4, I should be the last player, no ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fredm wrote:
Tosheros wrote:

@henri

In the rules I see : "The player whose highest card has the lowest value among those compared becomes the First Player, followed by the next-lowest and so on."

Read that again. if your highest card is a 3, chances are pretty good that the other players have a higher highest card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brusky
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers - let me know if there are any other open questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
Heilz wrote:
fredm wrote:
Tosheros wrote:

@henri

Read that again. if your highest card is a 3, chances are pretty good that the other players have a higher highest card.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing with the use of "highest". I originally thought he meant the highest number. Turns out he means the last Spirit card played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? It means the highest number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorado69 wrote:
Heilz wrote:
fredm wrote:
Tosheros wrote:

@henri

Yeah, it's a bit confusing with the use of "highest". I originally thought he meant the highest number. Turns out he means the last Spirit card played.
Nope! If the first card you play is 17, then you play 5 and then 10, your highest card in each round will be the 17 - that's the one that is used to determine your turn order. It's one of the interesting decisions in the game - do you want to use your most powerful card for three turns but always go late in turn order, or do you want to increase your chance of going early and get your power card benefit fewer times. You even have to take this into account during the Draft! Tough game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.