GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,448 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Age of Ultron» Forums » General

Subject: Fun ways to play with the starter?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Murphy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been scanning for answers as to what people have had fun doing with the AoU starter set alone. I have not found much on this topic.

I picked the AoU starter as the dice look really nice! The absolute most I can see me getting for dice masters is one gravity feed from this set and nothing else.

Before I invest what would be enough to buy me almost any other board game, I want to have a way to test out whether my partner and I could have some fun with this game. I want to use the starter alone set do that.

The best I came up with was set up two 4 man teams with 2 basic actions and maybe play from 10 or 12 life. Does anyone agree/have specific team recommendations?

All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are enough cards for you both to have an 8 man team. The rules say that a single player cannot have more than 1 of each hero in their hand... but opponents can use the same heroes to fight each other. In fact, opponents can use the exact same cards if they'd like.

The only problem is there are only enough dice for each of you to have 1 of each hero, so ultimately it comes down to the same thing. 8 hero with 1 die each, or 4 heros with 2 dice each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would never play with less than 20 life, even if you use less dice than that. It makes the game way too swingy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.