Marvel Dice Masters: Age of Ultron» Forums » General

Subject: Best set-up method for friendly games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've recently purchased two starter sets (AoU and Uncanny X-Men) along with a small bunch of booster packs. The intention is to play friendly games with friends using just my set.

As a result, I have four characters with three dice, and a bunch with one.

The full rules are 8 characters and 20 dice, which I don't have enough for. The most I can do is 18 dice, but then all the characters with just one are useless.

Is there a set-up method or variant that would be suited for this kind of play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I play with my son with a similar set-up. We disregard the 8 character limits. We also give 1 life points for each dice so with 18 dice per player it would 18 life. It works well and you don't have to bother about the number of character nor of the dice if you play casualy. We also play what we call a dominion variants where we put all dice on their character card on the table. All the dice can be purchased by both player during the game, following the normal rules. So the drafting occurs in game and not before hands. It makes the choice of purchasing dice that harder as if you don't purchase now a character you want, your opponent may buy it the next turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My wife and I play 6 characters per person. Maximum of 15 dice with 15 lives, this is the recommended "non tournament" setup and we think it works really well.

We usually lay all the characters out on the table and we will draft the characters then we will each pick which one of those characters we will play with. It allows for a full range of dice values and also lets you play new cards (which you may only have one dice for) without crippling you.

Happy rolling!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.